Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb crocheting clothing items

I have just started crocheting and don't know if I am ready to crochet sweaters, etc., but advise/help is certainly welcome. Becky

2. Likes Anaisa, rosieh20, Trenarah, carolv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi, you tube has some pretty easy patterns you can follow along with to make different things, you can stop and start it over and over. have fun moving that hook.

4. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting clothing items

I guess my concern is getting the shape and sizing. I have this fear that I will have a blob when I finish!

6. Likes amanda, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    we all have that concern when starting out. I am sure you will amaze yourself when your done.. You will never know until you try it....
    Last edited by Trenarah; 03-05-2013 at 06:47 PM.

8. Likes amanda, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I still worry about that....I would try first a straight sleeve verses a curved one...but then again if you can decrease you should be fine...happy crocheting.

10. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Becky. Next week my yarn should be in for my first garment. I've always thought of it and I happened to see a pattern that I fell in love with and decided to do it, I actually posted the link where I found it and a couple others are going to work on it also. You can find the post here http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...t-pattern.html.

Like I was told, you can always frog, I also think that with others doing it, I have a bit more confidence that if I run into a problem they can advice me what to do! I am excited about doing my first garment and I think if you find what really hits your "trigger" you will give it a try. If you know how to do the stitches it ask of you, you can do it. And if not you can learn the stitch!

Besides, if you don't try, you will never know!

12. Likes amanda, Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advise, I am going to take the plunge, but am still working on learning stitches. My other challenge is reading patterns, I have been looking at some videos , hopefully that will help.

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started my first clothing item, a short sleeved sweater and so far it is going well. I still have to do the sleeves and edging but so far it is easier than I thought. I am sure you can do it!

16. Likes amanda, Anaisa, kitty jean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you ouelaine! And Becky? That what we are here for, feel free to ask any questions you may have and someone will be more than happy to help you! And sometimes just by asking, will help you work it out in your mind!

18. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this site! I am new and all I had to do is post and have received such good encouragement and suggestions. Love you guys!

20. Likes rosieh20, kitty jean liked this post