Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

dont crochet when tired..lol

I wanted to start a star (5 point) baby afghan for my granddaughter and last night I went to You Tube and watched Mike ..well it was going great..but I was tire..I almost fell asleep at keys..lol..but was determined to start this. Well it is very easy to do ..and goes quickly..(should have one made by tomorrow) anyway..after only like 5 rounds I counted..I WAS OFF with my stitches..as Faye says "I frogged it" So I put my hook away and went to bed..I was dreaming all night of CROCHET stitch...lol. I was back up at around 8 and now I am here with hook and yarn in hand also. I ripped it out and started over..I have it down now ..so I will let you all see it when finished..lol Crochet on and sweet dreams..hugs Anne

2. Likes Cindy H, Anaisa, calicat, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    or w/ a fever....lol happy crocheting; happy you got it down...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, many a dream has been had crocheting the night away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that baby afghan is still sitting..I had one heck of a day..started out at Walmart at 5 am to do grocery shoping and some othere stuff. then home then to doctors with dd then to HOSPITAL..lol Her pressure was up due to a really bad cold..and they thought that she might be going into labor..omg this is the second time they sent her to the hospital in the past month..I am getting gun shy..lol. I am so tired..but she is home now fine and resting. I want my grand daughter to be born but I want her to be born like everyone else..rushed off knowing she is in labor..lol. Anyway..soon enough she will be here..but for me right now..it is la la land...I am whipped..talk to you all tomorrow..hugs all..no crocheting tonight..lol

6. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently finished a 12 point star afghan and I love it. I also watched one of Mike's videos to do it. I am going to do another one for my grand daughter in the colors of her bedroom. It goes together very quickly and it is easy to adjust the size. I like big afghans, so I made the last one large. I am getting hooked on the stars and round afghans now, something different for a change.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    me2la hope the roller coaster stops pretty soon for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I try to crochet when I am tired, it puts me to sleep, and the next morning, I can guarantee that I will be taking out all that I put in from the time I knew I should have put my work down and when I actually do. You make me laugh at myself, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've started a shawl pattern and cannot get the pattern to 'click' in my head. Hate it when this happens. Shouldn't be hard to catch on to. Course having a 1# skein of yarn the size of a football and a 17# Dachshund in my lap while trying to concentrate doesn't help!

11. Likes Heart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    been there, done that!

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only one furkid in your lap? I normally have one in my lap, one on each side, and one along the back of the chair. And if I put the footrest up on the recliner, the number increases greatly! I really have to get a larger chair. Here's a tip for those of you with pets, to cut down on the amount of fur/hair getting on your project: I use a large pillow case. The yarn I keep in a tote of some sort right at my feet and the project is in the pillow case. The only exposed part of the project is the area being worked on. This works well with large or small projects and animals that like to burrow under your wip can still do so. Of course, if you have one like my little PJ or a ferret, more often than not, you will findthem inside the pillowcase! Oh well, no plan is perfect!