Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hello to everyone!!

My name is Renese. I have not crocheted in many years. But I am not a TV person so I needed something to pass the time during the winter months. I treated myself to some new hooks and some cheap yarn for Christmas and so I am off and moving. I was always just a beginner but now I am enjoying some more advanced projects. The main reason for me joining the Forum is to get help with understanding the directions for specific items. I recently completed a head cover item and my children are still laughing every time I put it on my head. Please can anyone help me with any book or ie., footnote that can help me with understanding some directions. I recently printed off a pattern for some slippers and I still can't figure out how to hold them after they were made to make the slipper. I sit for hours working the item then I just pull out my progress and start over again. Please help anyone!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. Can you tell us about the slipper pattern - where you got it etc. So we can look at it on line! Or write the bit your having trouble with so someone can try and help? Or your hat? What was funny about it? Lotsa people here doing hats, might be able to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Renese! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I crochet only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Renese! I am not sure if this is what you meant for help in reading directions. But what I did was type in "how to read crochet patterns" and many different sites came up. Here is one that was nice.
    How to read a crochet pattern
    If there is a particular part of the pattern that you are having problems with give a shout out and let us know what part you need help with. But to familiarize yourself with the basics of how to read a pattern the above site should help. I know it helped me when I started going beyond a square

5. Likes Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosie that is a great page you posted! I've been reading patterns a long time but that is great for a beginner!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, and welcome; happy crocheting; need a little more info about your slippers....I'm not a tv person either; but my family seems to have it on more, so I crocheting while it's on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the online community of crocheters here! We are glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more about you as well as your crocheting adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Renese, welcome to the forums!