Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18

Post Thanks / Like

hello my name is missopportunity better known as bbq... nice to b in your company

hello my name is missopportunitybetter known is bbq.. nice to be in the company of those i feel is the best and will give me the help and encouragement to get back in the grove... what i know i learned on my on and have made a few things tht i'm proud of... have two projects in my closet that have been there for a year...unfinished,but now i'm interested in makeing the mary jane slippers.was lookin at some sites but was not satisfied.. would rather hav a printed pattern.... then accidentally ran up on this site... thanks,look forward to chating... the first thing that i want to know that discouraged me is this: HOW DO YOU ADD A STITCH AND DROP A STITCH...

2. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First howdie and welcome....in crochet to increase (add a stitch) you would do two stitches in one spot...for example, lets say you've done your foundation stitch, and are working in single crochet....so you would do two single crochets in one stitch...as for the decrease (drop a stitch) you would put two of the previous stitches and make it into one...hope this helps..I think you want knitting advice but I'm not a knitter. Happy crocheting. I do knook though.

4. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    couldn't have said it better increase is just what it say putting in how many ever stitches it says sometimes it is on sometimes more these are worked in the same stitch as for the drop stitch for sc you pick up a stitch but don't work it off then pick up another stitch in the next stitch or ch then work them off together. dc or tr you work off to the last of the stitch so you still have an extra loop on the hook and do that again then work them off at once
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

6. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and nice to have you here
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

8. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome, you have come to the right place for help... have fun moving that hook making smiles.

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning!!
    You've come to the right place for help, everyone here is helpful and friendly!
    If you have any pics of your work, we'd sure love to see them!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

14. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome. You have already met some helpful people. We have alot of helpful, talented people here. I've learned a lot from these folks. I tried to knit but haven't gotten the hang of it yet. Crocheting is so much easier for me.

Hope you enjoy it on these forums as much as I do. It has replaced Facebook in my world. Glad to have you here and I hope you join in the conversations whatever meets you fancy. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

16. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us.

18. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community here! We are glad you are with us and look forward to learning more about you!

Nice to see you have also have your question answered!

20. Likes Trenarah liked this post