Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Frustrated!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Frustrated!!!

I need to vent. I have been working on another doily. I got the pattern out of a Crochet World magazine (June 2012), called Chantilly Doily. I can NOT believe all of the mistakes that are in this pattern!!! I have been ripping out and re-writing half of the time! AAAGGGGHHHH. I went online to check and see if there were any corrections, and none were there.

I am determined, if nothing else, to finish it. Has anyone else had this problem with published patterns? It makes me wonder if it was the "Doily Design Superstar" or bad editing of the magazine.

I AM going to finish this, and soon.

Cindy

2. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa, MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    cindy sorry your having a tough time but vent away and you will eventually prevail
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes justplainjudy, cindy.wright1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey, you can be the one who shows the corrections...happy crocheting, please post a pic if you can when done...hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    you can find all the mistakes and let us all know. It isn't funny when you starts something and the pattern hasn't been edited or at least not right probably not proofread
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

7. Likes justplainjudy, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ran into a lot of patterns like that, I always think that whoever wrote it is sitting back laughing and saying, "Lets see if they can figure this one out".

Post Thanks / Like
    Cindy! I see mistakes sometimes... As result flat doily looks like hat etc... I hate patterns like these
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart!! I love your determination!! Rock [U][B][I]ON[/I][/B][/U], Cindy!!

11. Likes justplainjudy, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have went nuts too!.. Go on line and check the magazine site for errata listing I think it was called meaning pattern corrections already pointed out and reworked. Or you can contact the mag there. It was amazing to me that there was sooo many corrections to the one I was working and others. At the time I was making a pirate afghan. Just thought professional patterns would have been tested way better.

13. Likes justplainjudy, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I was working on it in the summer and left it. Went back in the fall to try and work it . Can't remember but it was a long time before corrections where posted. Didn't do me any good for the main part of the afghan by then, but the cross bones (appliques) correction let me know It wasn't me after all. I see you already looked for corrections on line. Sorry.

15. Likes justplainjudy, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat: Exactly what I was wondering! I managed to finish it last night. Today I will block it. I was not about to let it "finish me". I am now almost afraid to start some of the other projects that I found in the magazine!

17. Likes justplainjudy, MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post