Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: C b n

Post Thanks / Like

C b n

Hi Everyone

Ok, so I am working on the CBN afghan, and I came across a problem which I hope someone comes up with a bright idea. I am working with 23 different colors of yarn (not all at the same time) right now I am working with at least 7 different colors, my daughter and I found a big wine box that has six divideres, I put one roll of skein in each divider that worked for a while but the yarn still became tangled. The box sits on the floor, when I cut off the yarn I am not using it becomes tangled with the new color(s) I am working on. I thought maybe that if I used pringle cans, roll the yarn in smaller balls, poke holes in the side of the cans I could thread the yarn thru the hole(s). Any suggestions?

Tigg

Post Thanks / Like
    my thing I always do to keep yarn around but out of the way is by using a clothes pin. Handy but you can clip it to the box. I use clothes pins like men use duct tape

3. Likes billiebob, aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so not sure how well this works, when mom passed I could not find it so guessing when she was done she tossed it. But She worked on a multi colored blanket and had cut the bottom of 2 liter soda bottles and glued them together feeding the yarn threw the top.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

5. Likes justplainjudy, aporfirio, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community here! We are glad you are with us and look forward to learning more about you!

Sounds like it will turn out very colorful. Does CBN stand for anything specific?

Post Thanks / Like
    crochet by numbers = CBN i think aimost posative
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tigg,

I would try using big coffee cans that have the plastic lids. Cut a hole in the lid and feed your yarn through the hole. It will keep your yarn clean and you'll have easy access to your ends when needed. You can reuse the coffee cans (actually the ones I buy are plastic) over and over.

Sounds like a very challenging afghan. I'm sure someone on here will have the perfect answer for you. You'll find friendly and talented people on this site who are always willing and able to help with most any question.

Good luck and happy crocheting,
    Bobbie

9. Likes justplainjudy, aporfirio, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobbie: when I did afghans with different colors, my husband made me the same thing you do. He got coffee cans, the large ones, and cut a hole in the plastic to thread the yarn through. He did somthing to make the whole smooth so the yarn wouldn't snag on the plastic, but can't remember what he did..

11. Likes justplainjudy, aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    He probably sanded it a little. My hubby did that for me too. I found it to be a good way to keep my yarn clean while crocheting and easy access to the ends. I don't like having to chase ends when I'm ready to change colors!

Hope you find a method that works for you and makes your crocheting easier.
    Best wishes - Bobbie

13. Likes justplainjudy, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use newspaper bags. I put the yarn in separate bags and stand them in a cloth shopping bag one that has a flat bottom. I love the closepin idea also. I cant lug the coffee cans but sounds good for at home.

15. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys really have some great ideas. I also have struggled with this problem. I just approached all the tangled yarn created by multi color projects as a test of patience. It's hard though. I wish you the best of luck in solving your problem. Everyone has to find what works for them. Annette