Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I DID IT!! Joys Crochet Boutique is officially open!!!

I did it, I did it. I officially opened JOYS CROCHET BOUTIQUE, this morning at 3:22 AM on Feb. 26, 2013. (Exactly one year to the day my Dad passed away).

But for now, I want to rejoice in all the hard work, had quite a few setbacks with my health, and family health problems. And I'll regret being up this late as I am the main caregiver for my 3 year old granddaughter for awhile. And now that I've got her on a good schedule, she'll be up bright and early! Lucky me!

No, I don't care. I love her, and she's so excited about my boutique. Check it out. And you have to check Miss Boutique as Mya calls my little logo, which is now officially her name. (She needs a little touch up to show up better). But I love her. One of my future DIL's did her and my banner.

I want you ladies (and men) to know that I could never have done this without your help. You have cheered me on, helped me pick a name, and gave me lots of info. Some really invaluable info.

But most of all, you made me believe in myself! And I did. And I did it. (I need one of those smiley faces that jump up and down and clap)!!

It was funny, in the beginning my prices were low and I felt funny about charging people. But let me tell you. The more I learned, about fees, marketing, actual worth let alone making a profit, and the time it took me to set all this up, I had no qualms about raising my prices.

I looked at it this way. I shop at Walmart and KMart, and the sales only in the nice department stores. I can't afford to pay someone to crochet my clothes. So, if you're going to charge for it, it needs to be what it's worth. It needs to be more on level with the elite department stores. Although I think the prices are reasonable if you actually break down all the time this has taken. Its been months of hard work.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. I just know price is an issue we worry about, and thought I'd mention it.

Thank you for everyone that voted in my name poll. And for all those that just viewd itl (It was over 1500 views)! Awesome.

So please, check out JOYS CROCHET BOUTIQUE on Etsy, and let me know what you think. As always, I'm open to suggestions and any help I can get.

There's still more I need to figure out, like if I want to offer specials, how do I do that? And they have a whole list of suggested things I should read too.

So thank you all, and have a great day. I need some sleep. 8:00 will be coming mighty fast!

Remember, always crochet with joy
    Joy Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, congratulations You Ann!! Now you need to put the link in your signature area so we can find you
    Huggss!

3. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon, tawnyafletcher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw, how AWESOME!! I am so excited for you!! Yes, please include a link to your shop in your siggie on here. Yes, pricing is important, you need to be competitive with other artists who offer similar items. Your time and concepts are worth money, no question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Joy Ann and best of luck
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!! I will check it out! Now you will be able to help others! Aren't granddaughters wonderful???!!! My 2 granddaughters are the logo for my business!!! Again congrats!!!

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Joy! I am so excited for you! You did it! It has to be such an awesome feeling! Your heart has to be almost exploding with pride! You deserve it!!!!!!! I went to your Etsy site. It is great! l love your work! The cowls are beautiful, and the prices are right on! You do such beautiful needlework! You picked the right business! You are a good businesswoman, Joy! Hugs, Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 02-26-2013 at 07:58 AM.

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy for you! I'm clapping my hands and jumping up and down for you. There is a squeal in there too! Way to go!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

12. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATULATIONS! You did it! I am so happy for you and rooting for your success....happy crocheting.

14. Likes justplainjudy, Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Very happy for you! Lawana

16. Likes justplainjudy, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, guys, I'm smiling from ear to ear. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you. Now I think I did my signature right, we'll see. So now after catching up with about a dozen other things, maybe I can do some of the designs I fall asleep thinking about. I know, baby steps. By the way, Mya (GD) is learning how to do cartwheels, so she did cartwheels for my shop! She thought I could take a pic of her doing them to put in the shop. lol I just love the things she says and the logic she uses! But you will probably see her as my model some. Thanks again, all.

Ok, I did the signature thing. Now how do I make it show up?
    Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann
    JoysCrochetBoutique by JoysCrochetBoutique on Etsy
    (I typed this in)