Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuck in the very beginning....

OK most of you know how I just don't get math...well, I ran into a trouble w/ the numbers again....I've frogged this so many times, and so it's time to ask for help...

I am making the top part of a dress/blouse long sleeves included. The pattern runs in the chain of 43. So I made a gauge and found out that 4x's will fit in the front part of 20 cm. In comes my math...4 goes into 20 five times....so I x 43 by 5 and came up w/ my foundation chain of 215.....

WRONG WRONG WRONG....my chain measured 20 inches but when I did the pattern I went way over and worse I couldn't finish the pattern....I am about 5 chain too short...well, for the pattern....there must be something I've missed.

I am doing this in size 10 red thread...any help is greatly appreciated....

Happy crocheting.

PS it doesn't help that I am w/ fever..LOL
    (MY hubby is helping me....he figured out that I put one too many in....grrr I should have started w/ ch of 172, but lets see if that fixes my pattern too)
    Last edited by Anaisa; 02-24-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am just as bad at math

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So, did it work with the new number????

5. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That happens to me all the time when I'm making my own creations. Sometimes I forget to add the plus however many for the initial stitch, or the plus one. There may be an error in the pattern as well. Hope you find the magic number!

Post Thanks / Like
    First let me start by saying SORRY...I didn't explain myself right; My gauge measured 4 inches....the front of the dress is 20 inches...so that's where the x 5 comes in...my gauges is 40 chain length...(the forty three was my plus 3, for the next row...) Thus it's 200 chain that I need...I confused myself, and all of you and I'm sorry....I tried again last night but I couldn't w/ my fever do more than the chain and a few of the pattern....I will try again and let everyone know what happens....now that the math is finally right...I hope the pattern continues right....here I go again...LOL

8. Likes Sonnettina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    good luck with it, I'm pulling for ya

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post