Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Not enough squares---

I started a granny square afghan & ran out of one of the varigated yarn I was using . I now have only 6 squares ( Each one measures about 12"x13")
    Does anyone know what else I could possibly make instead of a afghan?
    I was thinking just connect 2 rows of 3 each & let it be a lap blanket or a shoulder warmer-- I will try to get a picture of them to attach. Just wondering if anyone else ever did this?? It was to be a gift, but now I am not sure what to do. Thanks for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    could you possibly, by using one of the colors in the yarn and make borders all around each square that would make it bigger depending on the size of the boarders

3. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was kinda thinking what rosieh20 said, but I was also wondering if you could make a large center square too....happy crocheting....

5. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Cat56, I have been puzzling over your 6 square dellema. [I love adjusting things to meet my inner minds eye.] I think the girls suggestion of taking your alternating colors for a border increase OR using your alternating colors as smaller squares to put them all together may be an answer. Using a set of smaller squares then a small border then attatching together could give you anywhere from a twin to a full size afghan, with you varigated as a highlighted theme. Good Luck! Kitty jean

7. Likes Anaisa, rosieh20, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Kitty jean- I did not even think of that-- I might just have some of the colors of yarn _ I used in it- (you men if I do not have all the colors make a few small square with 2 colors)?? Wish I could post a picture-- I used , a light mint green, creme & an old varigated yarn with all those colors too- I bordered with a melon & now just may make some square out of the mint green & creme-- or Better yet Go out & look for matching colors==Ya can never have too much yarn- right??
    You are a LIFESAVER & I will take a picture ( hope I can figure out how to attach it) when I get it together- Thanks again.

9. Likes rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear cat56, I am glad I could provide some help! Any combo of colors that strike your fancy for the smaller squares would work. Remember this is your creation! Happy Hookin! Kitty jean

Post Thanks / Like
    You could make a lapghan or even pillows. Make a bigger border on each square w/ a matching or contrasting color. Try picking out colors in the squares and make solid color grannies using those colors.

12. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You might put the sqs. together in 3 rows of 2 then choose colors and simply work around the rectangle with any stitch(es) you choose until it is the size you desire.

14. Likes NewarkCA Janet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cat56 View Post
    I started a granny square afghan & ran out of one of the varigated yarn I was using . I now have only 6 squares ( Each one measures about 12"x13")
    Does anyone know what else I could possibly make instead of a afghan?
    I was thinking just connect 2 rows of 3 each & let it be a lap blanket or a shoulder warmer-- I will try to get a picture of them to attach. Just wondering if anyone else ever did this?? It was to be a gift, but now I am not sure what to do. Thanks for all your help.
    If you have enough of another color like cream , or white or a color that would go with your squares, you could dc or trc a big border around each one and sew them together to make an afghan with 2 blocks across and 3 blocks down. maybe with a nice colored border around all of it and a scolloped border around all of it. Or make pillows with each one with a border. You have nice size blocks to work with. Do you have any other solid color that will go with your variegated yarn colors? You could also make a bag with them. Hope this this will give you some ideas. Maybe somebody else will think of something. XOXOXO redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    what is the brand/color/dye lot that you ran out of? Could it be that you could find that same yarn elswhere, or is it something that you have had for a long time? - janine