Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smudge Buttoned Down

Hey, yawl!!

I covered the walls of his bed I made him with some denim I have and spelled out his name in buttons. I am ok with how it turned out for my very first one ever!! LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3474[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3476[/ATTACH]

The first pic is his bed with the red mat I made for him, the second one is with the walls wrapped in denim and the 3rd pic is his name spelled out in buttons. His name is on one of the side walls on the outside of his box as you can see in the 4th picture.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Smudge Buttoned Down-pootersnewbed-jpg Smudge Buttoned Down-smudgedenimwrapped-jpg Smudge Buttoned Down-smudgebuttons-jpg Smudge Buttoned Down-smudgebedbuttons-jpg 
    Last edited by Landon; 02-23-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! You really did a clever project. I love Smudge's name in buttons. What a neat idea! He really loves the new digs!
    Judy

3. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Landon! that's fantastic! I had a bed for Perky but he got in it and tore the stuffing out of it so fast I decided not to let him have one! At night he sleeps beside me in his little cage with the door shut because I don't want him to mess up my new carpet! I have old towels in it so it is soft. He shreds them too! He wakes me up in the night scratching the bottom of his cage like crazy. He does sleep thru the night sometimes and I like him there beside my bed. You can tell Smudge is happy with his new bed!

5. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both so much!!! It was fun to do and I learned a lot from it. I hear you, Patty, I wouldn't want my carpet messed up either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very styling for your nice kitty. great job. Im glad you are so creative. I'v been cleaning shhh don't tell anyone. lol

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa! Till I saw your "profile pic" I thought maybe Smudge wasn't getting in it now that it is all gussied up. Whew! Good. Did you glue the buttons on?

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Billiebob, I need to be doing that!!!

Grammajoe, I sewed them on. I thought about hot gluing them but I am a real mess trying to glue anything, LOL I am better with a needle and some thread.

12. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,Girl! You did good. I was so creative when I was young. I really enjoyed it too. One year when my daughter was about 10-11 we bought her a new winter coat. All the neighborhood kids were shooting fireworks and of course mine were in the middle of it all, and they were in my yard. Well, Cheryl stuck her punk in her coat pocket, with it lit.Why, I'll never know! Anyway she burned a big hole right above one of the pockets.That was before credit cards and charge accounts. We didn't have extra money for another coat. I went to the fabric store

and bought remnants of fuzzy material (3 diff colors) and sewed 3 'balloons' over the holes and embroidered the 'string' from the pocket going to the balloons! One of a kind coat and she wore it til she out grew it. You had to be inventive 'back in the day" Another memory!. Looked like a bunch of balloons coming from her pockets.
    I ab love Smudges bed!
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 02-23-2013 at 03:46 PM.

14. Likes justplainjudy, Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A one of a kind patch!!!!!!!! I love it! You were very creative, Lawana! At that age, she was special because she had the only coat like it! JUDY

16. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Lawana! And you did too, and she loved it, that is so important! See how you blessed her life? I think you are still creative!!