Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  198
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the Homemakers?

Here's the place where we can gather and share any and everything about Homemaking! Homemaking is an Art; a skill where being creative is a BONUS!

After retiring a few years ago, I now devote my time to being a full-time homemaker/stay-at-home wife. Being a homemaker requires organization, being detailed-oriented and spontaneous reactions on occasion. I LOVE my new position as a full-time homemaker/stay-at-home wife.

What do you enjoy about homemaking? Please share your tips and shortcuts. Also share ideas for comfort and ways to beautify our homes.

Joyous Homemaking,
    ~Beverly~
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-23-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a time-saver! Put extra bags in your wastebaskets! When the full bag is removed, you already have replacement bags in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a homemaker most of my life, I think being a homemaker is a full time job, but a fullfilling one. I worked as a secratary when I was young, I worked after my son was born but when I had my daughter, I quit working outside the home and became a full time Mother.. I think that is the most important job there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Learn how to be organized among the chaos of children lol they undo everything for you. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I have been a homemaker most of my life, I think being a homemaker is a full time job, but a fullfilling one. I worked as a secratary when I was young, I worked after my son was born but when I had my daughter, I quit working outside the home and became a full time Mother.. I think that is the most important job there is.
    I,too agree it is a full-time job especially when you take pride in your job as a homemaker. While working for 32 years, I did a good job but now I am perfecting the art of homemaking and learning as I go. Hence, the "extra bags in the wastebasket" just suddenly came to me one day while I was changing out the bag! Being retired, I now have the TIME to think about and really focus on my home and what it entails to make it run smoothly.

6. Likes amanda, SweetARoma, Landon, niru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My hubby actually came up with the idea of putting extra bags in the bottom of the bathroom trash container. So I can't take credit for that one. I wash dishes as I go during the day instead of letting them stack up and doing them after a meal. I wash them while I'm cooking too. We have laundry bins that we separate the colors of clothes as we put them when they are dirty so they are already separated before we take them to the machine to wash.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Prepping the nite before by having the dishes and utensils sitting on a tray for morning breakfast is a time-saver! Prepping before all meals saves lots of time!

9. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, SweetARoma, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    My hubby actually came up with the idea of putting extra bags in the bottom of the bathroom trash container. So I can't take credit for that one. I wash dishes as I go during the day instead of letting them stack up and doing them after a meal. I wash them while I'm cooking too. We have laundry bins that we separate the colors of clothes as we put them when they are dirty so they are already separated before we take them to the machine to wash.
    I've read about separating clothes by color in bins but haven't tried it! I'm starting today!!! Thanks so much for the reminder.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-23-2013 at 11:01 AM.

11. Likes amanda, SweetARoma, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This a little thing but when I use a boxed cake mix I use the box to hold the trash as I go along. I put the eggs and I usually use a pudding mix so that box goes in the cake box and when I'm done everything is disposed of. Told you that it was a little thing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you every replaced the margarine in your cookies with peanut butter. They are really good that way and stay moist.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity