Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Cbn

Post Thanks / Like

Cbn

I finally received the full color CBN (crochet by numbers) graphs/patterns. The pattern is very easy to read. Todd sends two training lessons, the fist is watching 5 youtube.com lessons, and the second is doing a sample lesson of a CBN pattern. Of course I did not finish the sample once I received my personal portrait pattern. I did have an issue or two with Todd, 1) he first sent me the graph/pattern in brown shades, I was not happy with that and requested it to be done in color, he tried to tell me that there will be a lot of color change and my being a beginner I should not do color first, and that it will require me to buy more yarn. My response- I do not plan on making this afghan more then once so please do it in color, I already purchased a lot of color yarns so that will not be a problem. Todd replied that because it will be in color that it will take longer and it will cost more. An extra $50. Of course I was not happy with that either, but what could I do? My daughter paid the extra $. The sencond issue with Todd was, he promised to have the color patterns to me by Sunday, I did not receive it till Monday night.

If the afghans turn out as beautiful as I am hoping it will be well worth the trouble/issues I went thru with Todd, I consider it minor issues but still issues. I should get what I paid for, and in a timely manner especially when it is promised.

In the patterns there is a color chart of all the yarn you will need, it doesn't tell you how many skeins you will need, it does say how many single crochet stitches you will make. My daughter and I tried like heck to match up the color chart with the yarn at JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels, Wal Mart, Meijers....we did our best, I don't think there is going to be a major issue with the colors ....but let me tell you, I spent way over a $100 in yarn alone, but that too is my fault I could not wait to get the yarn that I thought it will be a lot of reds, grays, browns, greens and peach. but I was wrong...there was over 23 skeins of yarn ....I am not sure if I bought enough of each color...time will tell.....

Good now I feel better for doing some venting.....if anyone wants to try the CBN don't let my little prombles with Todd stop you, he is actually a nice guy and never took my telling him off personally...

Tigg

2. Likes amanda, Anaisa, jennlee, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please keep us updated, I am anxious to see your work....happy number crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am real anxious to see how this project goes. The idea sounds wonderful!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you finally got the stuff you ordered it is horrible you had to pay so much for it! You think it would come with the yarn as well! I wish all the luck in getting it done and looking the way you want, it sounds like it will be beautiful when you are finished! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!