Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Help! Ideas For Something Special

Ladies, I need your help. My daughter-in-law is very special to me. She has helped me, and the Prayer Shawl Ministry that I work with. She is always donating yarn to us. I have made her 5 shawls. Three she gave away and she has 2 now. I want to make something else for her that is not a shawl and not an afghan, that will make her eyes light up. Can you help me with ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    You are very sweet; um there is a snuggie, or a nice sweater...a filet w/ her name......a doily for her bedroom.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Anaisa. You're starting the brain to ticking. The filet with her name is a good idea. What I forgot to mention is that I want to have it ready for Mother's day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being that you are up north, have you thought about making a pair of warm slippers, or even a hat and scarf set. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Janine. Yes, I thought of that. She has so many of those things that whatever I made on that line would just be 1 of many. For Mother's day it would be warmer weather here. Thanks for your suggested and I will still keep them in my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you don't think this is silly, but a headband. For Christmas a niece requested one and I made one for every girl in the family. They loved them, put their pictures on facebook wearing them, and they've been getting compliments galore. My best friend's grand daughter is a model (fashion expert of course) and she was crazy for the one I made her. What I love about these is that they don't take long, don't even use a whole skein of yarn, and you can really play around with the stitches. Just a thought. Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll chime in with a bag there are many, many different patterns. The hobo bag is popular and the tote bag and a makeup case would be nice with some new makeup or new toothbrushes, combs and brushes. A set of bags and there are a lot of fancy bags to carry very little. The possibilities are endless.

8. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a small secondary gift, if she is a reader, there are a lot of different bookmark patterns that you could choose from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shrugs are quite fashionable and worn by all ages! If she's a fashionista, this just might be the gift for her!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

11. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say a vest, top or light sweater/cover up to wear over tank tops this summer. But I like the idea of a filet with her name on it. Maybe you could frame it. Or do one of those frames with crochet in it, and maybe a pic. of her and her kids or whatever would be special. Or a pocketbook that would be special to how she uses one.