Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Baby sleeping advice?

Ok my baby will be 7 months at the end of the month. Well she wears more of her baby food then eats it, but gets bottles thru the day. Well she goes to bed from 9:30- 7 usually. She wants to get up every couple of hours, I put her pasifier back in her mouth and sooth her, after hearing her fuss when that doesn't work, I give her a bottle, she acts like she is starving. So she isn't sleeping thru the night yet? Help?
    Amy's DIY Frugal Life Blog
    https://amysdiyfrugallife.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you what happened to my sister and her baby, but that does not mean that you are going through the same thing. My sister was following the doctors orders on when to feed and how much to feed her baby. The baby was responding by crying a lot, not sleeping through the night and drinking the bottle as though she was starving. As most babies do, she was wearing a lot of the food at feeding times. After months of this going on, my sister decided to see what would happen if more food was given to the baby (bypassing what the doctor said). The baby downed almost 3 times what the doctor was telling my sister to feed her. Once she had a full belly, everything changed. This baby girl was an eater. She was not overweight for her length, she just ate alot. Each baby is different, and each situation is different. What has your baby's doctor said about this?

3. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree that each baby is different. Really, babies are not born as overeaters - they learn it when they are older. I would allow her to eat what she wants. Babies grow as such a rapid pace for several years until they are crawling/walking. Then I think they were designed to burn off the baby fat they have at that time. As long as she is eating healthy things that are not considered junk (at her age she would not really be into junk food) then you should be okay.

I started adding rice cereal to my babies bottles at bedtime so they would sleep longer - for many moms this has worked. Just a thought - if she is hungry, there is a reason.

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, I did rice cereal and she had painful bowel movements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imj9scrochetj9 View Post
    I can tell you what happened to my sister and her baby, but that does not mean that you are going through the same thing. My sister was following the doctors orders on when to feed and how much to feed her baby. The baby was responding by crying a lot, not sleeping through the night and drinking the bottle as though she was starving. As most babies do, she was wearing a lot of the food at feeding times. After months of this going on, my sister decided to see what would happen if more food was given to the baby (bypassing what the doctor said). The baby downed almost 3 times what the doctor was telling my sister to feed her. Once she had a full belly, everything changed. This baby girl was an eater. She was not overweight for her length, she just ate alot. Each baby is different, and each situation is different. What has your baby's doctor said about this?
    so your sister, she just fed the baby more solids when she felt the baby was hungry then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I added cereal to my sons last feeding of the night too (all three,) not alot just a little to thicken the milk a little bit. They all slept though the night and I always feed them just a little more then what the doctors told me I should be feeding them. Again not alot just a little more, I figured if they were still hungary then it just was not enough. You do half your growing in the first 2 years.

Now with that in mind I had 3 small babies (all full term but the youngest he was in a hurry) 5 lb 6 oz, 5 lb 13 oz, and 5 lb 2 oz I was going to let them eat as much as they wanted they are all healthy and happy young men.
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 02-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Amray767 View Post
    so your sister, she just fed the baby more solids when she felt the baby was hungry then?
    Then everything changed. She cried less, she slept better, and longer. She became a much happier baby. It was like a major breakthrough for them. Have you informed the baby's doctor of your concerns? Also, I am not sure if you know it, but if the baby has constipation, it helps if you givet the baby a diluted fruit juice. Sometimes half apple juice and half water ...and you can mix that with the cereal, it may help with the constipation. But, do check with the dr. -janine

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post