Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my Crochetversary...a Gift of Love!

I can't believe it! 2 years ago today(Valentine's Day) I went SHOPPING and bought a crochet kit, yarn and hooks to teach myself how to crochet. This was the 1st time my hands had ever held a hook and yarn. What a blessed day!

I was inspired by another online crocheter who was my older daughter's online friend. My daughter shared with her that hubby and I would be celebrating our anniversary on Jan. 31. As an anniversary gift, she made me a beautiful navy blue butterfly beanie and mailed it to my daughter. It touched my heart that she was so thoughtful and caring. It was handmade, so beautiful and a gift of love that it caused me to want to learn to crochet. Each time I wear my butterfly beanie, I am reminded of a day that holds multiple loving memories!

To add to it, my daughter just shared with me that her online friend got married today! Today I would like to begin crocheting her a special wedding gift. What a beautiful way to celebrate my Crochetversary and honor the one who inspired me 'cuz this is her special day too!

To help me celebrate, please give me ideas for a special crocheted wedding gift for her that is an easy/beginners pattern. Suggest colors for the item/items also!

My Crochetversary is becoming more special by the moment! <3

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Crochetversary and Valentines Day. Your story is so sweet and I love it. I am touched by your desire to make a special gift for the girl. I'm going to think about it and get back to you with my ideas. But, no matter what you make it will be unique and special. Every crochet item is unique and possesses a one of a kind quality. Love, hearts, hugs, and kisses on this day. Your friend, Annette

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too Annette! Thank you for helping me celebrate my Crochetversary. I'm looking forward to your ideas for a special wedding gift for this very special person. ~Beverly~

P.S. I'm glad you enjoyed my story.
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.

4. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you considered the double wedding ring afghan? I made one for my parents' 60th anniversary. Mom loved an, well dad being dad said it was alright(high praise coming from him!) Dont be intimidated by the pattern, it looks harder than it actuallyis.

6. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Everything to you! What a great story to bless us with! As far as what to make, I thought of what PJsmama thought of, until you said"easy/beginenr pattern. PJsmama says don't be intimidated. Look at that pattern and see what you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    That double ring afghan sounds beautiful PJsmama! I'll goggle the pattern and take a look! Thanks so much!

9. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern I used is a free pattern from red heart yarn. I did it in blues and white.

11. Likes SweetARoma, Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!! :0)

13. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflyrose View Post
    That double ring afghan sounds beautiful PJsmama! I'll goggle the pattern and take a look! Thanks so much!
    to add to pj's idea, why not use red and white for valentines day, trimmed in green?

15. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beverly!!! Honey, Happy Belated Anniversary!! Forgive me, I can't quite remember if your darling hubby was home by then? What a cool Crochetversary you get to have a share with your Crochet Inspiration!!!

What size of a piece are you wanting to make them? What do you think about place mats and matching or coordinating napkins? You know I am a beginner too and the small handtowels I made do not match in size, as do none of the shelf liners I made, LOLOL But they are MINE made by ME for MY Bathroom!!! LOL I have a girlfriend who lives way up North in New Brunswick, Canada and I made her some simple dish towels which I promise you she has not used just as I will never use the lovely Angel Dishtowel MaryJane made for me and sent me at Christmas! It is hanging up in my Birthday Window.

What are your ideas? Do you know about any of the colours they are using or used at their wedding?

Can't wait to hear about what you decide to make them!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOOX
    Landon

17. Likes justplainjudy, aporfirio liked this post