Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: hexagon loom

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

hexagon loom

This is my doily on the loom partly tied and the other is after I tied all the crossed sections and took it off the loom. I do NOT like the looks of it. I have yet to remember how to tie it neatly so that the spaces are the same and the ties are less noticable. I went everwhich way tying the cross pieces and it looks pretty crappy! That is why I need some instructions. I will have to go through the totes I guess. I can see the front of the folder that came with the loom but I can't remember how I am supposed to tie the yarn. Just wanted you all to know what I have been doing! XOXOXO

2. Likes libertylady64, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s incredible! I cannot wait to get looms which friend sent to my daughter!!! Doily is almost half done BTW
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!! Looks a little intimidating at first, but the results are nice!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Maybe you can give us some tips for doing this technique!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Very nice!! Looks a little intimidating at first, but the results are nice!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Maybe you can give us some tips for doing this technique!!
    When I get it all worked out. Right now I need to work on tying the intersections of yarn or string neater. I need to tie each exactly the same. I can see some of my tie yarn in the spaces and that is wrong. If only I could find that instruction pamphlet!! I did search thru one of the big totes this morning. XOXOXO

Post Thanks / Like
    very unique looking, great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    it looks good to me, thanks for the share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just send it to me and I'll be nice to it not like its Mommy who says bad things about it!! lol It looks great to me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dad Gum cursor would not blink so had to srart a new msg. It's being contrary so excuse mistakes. Any way she has very few knots on the back side but there are some. I don't know if this helps, but I tried. I think they look great. Good luck and don't be so hard on your self. You did great to have not had instuctions in front of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    O K > Now remember I have never made one. I had a brand new loom in original box and I am never going to use it, so I sent it to Larrissa. I have some made of yarn that my MIL made and got one of them out and looked at it closely. Are you cutting the thred after each tie? She didn't. She started tying( making the X) and carried the yarn to the next one to be tied. When she got to the end of a row, she turned and tied the next row, ect.

12. Likes GrammaJoe, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Magnolia Blossom" Your doily is almost half done
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post