Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Help with colors for a baby blanket!

Have a g.grandaughter due in April. Her mom painted the room gray. Her accent color is yellow.

I bought some light lemon colored yarn, thinking to do the whole blanket in that color but now- I have found a pattern to do it in a granny square. I think i would do the middle in the lemon, and then you do two rows white, then alternate with two rows pink then white, then lemon, etc. Does that sound alright?
    17grand1+2

2. Likes mamamiaow, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those colors sound lovely and girly. I would start stitching!!! How about a photo when you are done?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but would a cream be better than white? Either cream or white the colors yellow and pink will look wonderful! I hope you post pics when you are done!

5. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like both color combinations spoken of - love to see some of your work when you have time!

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds really cute. I might be tempted to replace the white with gray if that is what she painted the room. I recently made my niece a baby blanket with pink, brown and green. I could not imagine but it actually turned out a lot cuter than I expected. I used the brown sparingly and the green was a yellow green if that makes sence. It wasn't a grassy green. I should have taken a picture but was in such a hurry to get it in the mail, I didn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those colors sound nice to me. Picking colors can be a little tricky sometimes. I picked a yellow, an orange, and a brown one time and hated them worked up together even though they should have gone well together. I just didn't like them together and ended up using the yellow alone. I pulled it all out and saved the yarn.
    Congrats on the new grand daughter.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi-Isn't it strange how some odd colors will work together but ones that should don't? Have frogged my share of stitches because the colors were just ugly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and in my case I liked the colors together in the skeins, but just not when they were worked up together.

I have just started my first 12 point star afghan. It is coming together nicely, and also quickly. I'll make it large to use up some yarn I want to get out of my stash. I am using Evergreen, Buff, Maroon, a touch of white and Blue Tones. I like the colors together. I have found if I am unsure of colors to look at photos of others that I like and try to match with what I have in my stash. I don't always have the exact shades, but it gives me a good enough idea of how the colors will look together.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Judi-Isn't it strange how some odd colors will work together but ones that should don't? Have frogged my share of stitches because the colors were just ugly!

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    17grand1+2, that combination sounds great. I do like the other's ideas as well, but if you already have the colors you mentioned, I'd say go for it. -janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I finally decided to make Rylynn Marie, a Angel Wing Pinafore. It came out great and was so soft. My next gr.grandaughter, Emmalyn Jane was born in July, and I made her the blanket in Pale Yellow and White. It was a big blanket. Now my new gr.grandaughter is due in October, and I am making her a Amyethist[or however you spell it] and Off White granny square blanket, it has a white center and then three rows of the bright purple, then three rows of white, and on and on until it gets to the right size. Everyone says its very pretty. M y own pattern.

14. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post