Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hexagon

Post Thanks / Like

hexagon

Here is a picture of the magazine with the afghan in it. (sorry I guess I cut the pattern out) Maybe someone else has the same magazine...Spring-Summer 1976 issue of Good Housekeeping Needlecraft. Attachment 3247Attachment 3248

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! Next time I am in the Library I will look thru their Good Housekeeping needlecraft book and see if I can find it for you. hopefully someone will have it handy tho!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rosieh20 View Post
    Beautiful! Next time I am in the Library I will look thru their Good Housekeeping needlecraft book and see if I can find it for you. hopefully someone will have it handy tho!
    Thanks, I never thought of checking the Library!

Post Thanks / Like
    The hexagon afghan is gorgeous. I see that it is done with the afghan stitch and the flowers are embroidered on. It is not the kind of hexagon I am looking for but it is hard to ignore and I will tuck this project in my "maybe someday file." I have many of the Needlecraft mags from the '70's and I just love them still. I was heartbroken when this mag disappeared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOwl View Post
    The hexagon afghan is gorgeous. I see that it is done with the afghan stitch and the flowers are embroidered on. It is not the kind of hexagon I am looking for but it is hard to ignore and I will tuck this project in my "maybe someday file." I have many of the Needlecraft mags from the '70's and I just love them still. I was heartbroken when this mag disappeared.
    When you say disappeared, do you mean your copy of that issue or do you mean it is not on the newsstands anymore?
    I sure would like a copy of the pattern myself because it is not in my book. I am sure I must have cut it out and now it is lost. I made 2 of those afghans and the last one I did without the embroidery patterns. I just looked at my 1st afghan and went from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the hexagon afghan but I don't think I would ever have the patience to do one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Will you look at that!!!!!!! People you amaze me!! I would NEVER thought to look on Amazon for that magazine. Rose, are you just good at everything??? redhead, did you even think you would find it? or this fast? WOW!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    would be nice to get it free from the library tho. Your so funny Faye!! lol. I just get an inspiration once in a while when I wake up! And have fun doing it too!