TOOK A PICTURE JUST IN CASE
    I am crocheting ears for a dragon the pattern for the ears is

Foundation: ch 6 working in the round SC 4 2SC SC 3 2SC
    Row 1: SC 5 2SC SC 4 2SC
    Row 2-3: SC across
    Row 4: SC 2 2SCtog SC 10
    Row 5: SC 1 2SCtog SC 9
    FINISH

Sorry what am i missing this makes no since to me ch 6 but they want me to work 11 stitches maybe its the wording in the round that is messing me up to me the chain would have to be 9 not 6
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 02-11-2013 at 06:43 AM. Reason: forgot to say why this was messing with my head
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, thought I had it, but no way! Perhaps someone will get back to you on this one. Their wording is very weird for sure. Why they would show SC4, 2SC, SC3, 2SC is beyond me, so I am think that SC.. and ..SC is two different stitches. From looking at it, I would say when they go SC4 they mean regular single crochet. But when they put the stitch count before the SC I have no idea! Goodluck!
    But I can tell you that 6 stitches for the chain would be right because they want you to chain 6 then make a loop by ss into your first chain, then you would put your 11 stitches inside the loop

Post Thanks / Like
    the 2sc is a increase

Ok it didn't make any since to me at midnight and it still does not making any since a cup of coffee and 8 hours later

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep something going on here. Try it with the 9 and see if you like it size wise. Where did pattern come from. Sometimes corrections are posted on web pages etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless, could you do the foundation row working in the ring (6 sc, slip stitch) and not into stitches? Try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    the pattern is out of a book that I got for christmas from my hubby. I actually found the author on facebook hoping she will answer me back I have asked her to clarify for me. But until then I am still waiting to see if any of you can help

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try working into the ring?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh, could she be saying, sc next 5 stitches, 2sc in same stitch, sc in next 4 stitches, 2sc in next stitch?

But that doesn't answer foundation row

Post Thanks / Like
    How can you work in the ring and increase stitchs? I tried it with 9 chains and that worked until the next row and I need 11 stitchs to work the pattern. And then row 4 that you start decreasing needs 13 stitchs. Ok, time to ditch this pattern. You need to chain 9 and ss, and then sc 2 and then 2 sc in the next stitch, sc 2 and then 2 sc in next stitch, sc 2 and then 2 sc in the next stitch and sc in last stitch. Then sc around for 2 rows, then when you start the decrease rows . sc 1 and then 2 sc together and then sc remaining stitchs, next row 2 sc, then 2 sc together and then sc in remaining stitchs. Fasten off. It may not be exactly the size but I am betting it is close and after all it is an ear on a dragon!! Who can question your dragon's ears??

10. Likes rosieh20, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe the increase starts is IN the chain stitch itself then spills over into the middle....dunno.