Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fundraiser?

Post Thanks / Like

Fundraiser?

Ok, my family and I are trying to raise money for my nephew to run track, so he needs money for a trip to Australia to do this. So any ideas? I was thinking since I crochet I could sell something easy to make and buy yarn for. You think I would be successful doing it online, if so any ideas on what to make and where to ask online for donations? You think it would work, never done this before
    Amy's DIY Frugal Life Blog
    https://amysdiyfrugallife.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas for Amray?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you remember the bus monitor who was bullied and some one went online to an internet fundraising site and started a fundraiser for her? I would look into places like that. I am thinking online fundraising would bring up a lot and you can spread the word in your community.

Post Thanks / Like
    My idea is more mundane but I think if you crocheted a killer afghan then raffled it you could raise money that way. You would have to get the word out and leave pictures around and tickets so people could take a chance. I would price the tickets low and give them a lot of tickets like 3 for a dollar or maybe a dollar each but no more. If you price the ticket at $5 then you wiil have fewer entries but maybe that would make more money. Uh oh, I'm talking for both sides. Sorry, I probably am not the best to give advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know much about fundraising! But I'm sure there must be someone here that does!! Around here, people raffle off baskets of things! You know like a pampering basket-that would be filled with soap and lotions plus a nice (crochet?) washcloth and towel, or a pair of comfy crocheted slippers!! They usually have 5-8 baskets and you buy a bunch of tickets and then put them in the container for the basket you would like! Just a thought!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister crocheted an american flag for a raffle and it brought $200 and she crocheted a regular frilly afghan for just under $200 at a fundraiser. I don't know how much tickets were sold for but the afghans were obviously was a hit. You might check with your local VFW post or Elks Lodge and see if they can help you with the fundraiser too. Sometimes they have funds set aside for things like this for kids in the local schools. Just my two cents. Hope it helps.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a couple of thoughts rrunning through my feeble mind... First my sister made two afghans that raffled for $200 for a fundraiser. One was an American flag the other was a pretty frilly afghan. Secondly, you may want to try contacting your local Elks Lodge or VFW Post. Our Elks Lodge is always donating money to charity and school functions. You have to show proof of the organization or whatever the event is so they know they are giving thier money to a worthy cause, but other than that they are usually very generous. Hopt this helps.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always being asked if I will sell the amigurumi animals I make and the littles ones you can do 4 or more. I did 5 frogs for a friend of mine used I scane I don't sell mine but I did do those for her.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64