Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hat with brim

Post Thanks / Like

Red face hat with brim

I have found a couple of cloche patterns, no brim patterns that I like. It seems the hat I'd like to crochet has a stiffer brim than the patterns I've found. Went on several sites and it seems the brims are all floppy. Maybe you might be able to help me out. Thanks so much for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to Michaels.com and type in Elegant Simply Soft crochet hat, there are instructions to crochet a very nice hat with a brim.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can try using a double skein for the brim and also I found that if you turn at the end of each row it holds up much better.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mickey at crochetcrowd.com has a nice hat with brim. A piece of plastic is put between two layers of brim. He also has a pattern for the plastic.

5. Likes crocheting4u65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny2228 View Post
    Mickey at crochetcrowd.com has a nice hat with brim. A piece of plastic is put between two layers of brim. He also has a pattern for the plastic.
    This is exactly what I was thinking of - having a piece of plastic in the brim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your suggestions to my question of making a firmer brim on a hat. Have not tried yet, but hope to as soon as I get a chance. Not too sure about the plastic in a brim, concerned how it would hold up to washing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Stitch 11 & Crochet Geek on YouTube.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made this hat for my adult daughter who needed the brim to protect her from the TX sun. The brim has a stiffer feel because of the front post double crochet throughout, and it really turned out to be a cute hat. Maybe it would work for you Lynn
    Garden Party. Crochet Hat Free pattern for Kids & Adult | My Little CityGirl

Post Thanks / Like
    The hat patteren I used ,the brim was crocheted with 2 strands of yarn and a done in a single crochet. When I can find the patteren among all the junk I will post it. To keep it flat one pattern said to run a thin wire in the last row . Measure around the outside of the brim and make your wire slightly larger. That can be washed. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your great ideas, will try my best. You are all wonderful