Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for crochet wheelchair blanket pattern

Hi Everyone,
    I am totally new to this new technology. I crochet sweaters for a local non profit for pregnant teens. I just started blankets for the Nursing Home. On my last visit, a friend of mine had a hard time keeping her legs covered with her robe. I would like to make her a lap blanket and some kind of bag for the side of her wheelchair. Does anyone know of any patterns out there?
    Thanks,
    Flgrays

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; you can make a lap blanket and on the side just make a smaller 'square' and crochet or stitch it on for a pocket; If I come across an actual pattern I will let you know...til then happy crocheting.

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make lap blanket and usually start with about 100 plus stitches the plus would be 1 if sc 2 if hdc 3 dc and so on you can use your favorite stitch pattern and make the blanket so that while you are sitting in your chair it covers your legs and feet and comes up as high as you would like if you want you can add extra on the length so it can be turned under and make a pocket for the feet so they don't come uncovered. for the bag on the edge I would probably start with about a 8" inch ch and work it down so that it can be doubled and stitched along the sides to close it you can add 3" wide strap to each side and put buttons or snaps on them so they can be put over the arm of the chair I think I would make them about 5' long so they are long enough to go around the arm and not be too long so they don't drag. I hope this helps I will look and see if I have any patterns that I can send you
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Idea.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome, glad you found some help already. let us know how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! Please let us know if you need further assistance! Glad you are here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Baby blanket patterns work well for lapghan patterns as well. Maybe make them a little longer to be able to cover the feet. If you try the website: hookedoncrochet.com - hooked on crochet Resources and Information. This website is for sale!, there are lapghan patterns there as well. There might be a pattern or two for the side pocket. Look for a Walker Pocket pattern. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Romi

Try crochetpatterncentral. They have many free patterns. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a great pattern for a Wheelchair bag. you can make it any color, I have seen them in red white and blue with star buttons sewed on the flaps. but you can do them any color. I think I got the pattern from Bev's Country Cottage. just bev'scountrycottage.com I made one for my mother in pink, several years ago and she put her orange, and a small bible in it.
    Hope this helps! 17grand1+2

11. Likes Butterflyrose, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw a pattern today for what you requested. I'll look for it and get it to you quickly. It specifically states wheelchair lapgan. Betty/Beatrice
    Quote Originally Posted by flgrays View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I am totally new to this new technology. I crochet sweaters for a local non profit for pregnant teens. I just started blankets for the Nursing Home. On my last visit, a friend of mine had a hard time keeping her legs covered with her robe. I would like to make her a lap blanket and some kind of bag for the side of her wheelchair. Does anyone know of any patterns out there?
    Thanks,
    Flgrays