Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
    Post Thanks / Like

Who runs the errands?

Not I! It's ALWAYS been my hubby and later our daughters. Now, that hubby is working hard to gain his momentum, that leaves our older daughter and me. Our younger daughter helps whenever she possibly can.

I've always been the SHOPPER for our children's clothing, school needs/activities, my clothing, gifts, craft supplies, gardening needs, literary material, party decor and home interior. You get the idea! I love shopping for those things that bring me enjoyment.

Today, I ran ERRANDS...this is a new concept for me! I volunteered to do it all by myself with absolutely no help from anyone. My hubby thought I could do the job so well that he added an additional stop for me.

First, our daughters mapped out a route for me so I would not reroute around and lose my valuable SHOPPING time. It was an excellent strategy, thank you dear daughters!

First, I went to the insurance agency and handled the affairs of business(hubby usually does this). Next, it was on to the state inspection business for my car to be inspected(hubby usually does this) and Dollar General. While my car was being inspected, I walked to Dollar General which was 2 businesses down. Hah! Do I know how to put my time to good use or what! Then, I picked up my car and headed in the opposite direction to make my way to the post office, then Walmart and last but not least CVS. All was accomplished in about 4 1/2 hours!

I think I'll volunteer to do errands again. It was new and yes, I gained an even greater appreciation for what my hubby has done throughout the years and our daughters too!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 02-07-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Landon, MeerKat, Trenarah, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you! I'm worn out reading it. You sure got a lot done. It is a reminder to me that I have things to do tomorrow. Off to make a list! Annette

4. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use to do all the errands until I had several strokes, then my husband did them all, until he became to ill to do them anymore.. So I thought , I did it before should be able to do it again, HaH!!! I gave it a try, got have way though and right in the middle of getting groceries, I couldn't take it anymore.. I headed home, got the perishables in the house and went to my Chair and colapsed.. The next time I tried it again, same thing, had to quit right in the middle couldn't finish..
    So We had to hire his niece to do it all for me..

6. Likes Butterflyrose, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Annette, itt just seems like God gives me all this energy to get the tasks done. My daughters remark about how much I can do. I am highly motivated with a list of to dos and to be able to check off my accomplishments. Much success on your to-do-list!

MeerKat, you're a pretty strong woman to run those errands after having medical conditions. Doing any at all is a strong indicator that you don't give up easily. There's real fight in you. You're an inspiration to us all!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

8. Likes aporfirio, Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always tried to do the best I could.. I lost my 1st husband when our daughter was 3, I didn't think I could get through it, But I finally did.. He was the love of my life..
    Had some rough years, after 7 years I remarried. Then My husband fell and broke his back and he slowly just kept going downhill and in the middle of this I had several stokes.. This isn't all i had to go through, but I made it through it all, I am not sure if my sanity in tact, but it is there somewhere.

10. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it is just Smudge and me and he isn't interested in going grocery shopping which is really weird considering how much he likes to eat!! So, I do all the errands, although, I do ask Smudge from time to time if he is interested in running any.

12. Likes MeerKat, Trenarah liked this post