Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Have A Heart Shawl .

Since September I have been going threw some rough times my boyfriend had to have part of his foot amputated and spent almost a month in a nursing home. It was a real rough month for me and in December he had to go back in to have another surgery on his foot . It hasnt been easy getting threw these last few months . I have finly figured out how to make sence of some of the crochet patterns and this this is one of the first that I have realy concored .I know alot of you dont like Red Heart but this shawl says it all for me and recently another woman's husband had a stroke and is now in the same nursing home that Joe was in and she hasnt been having a very good time of it either and I rember how lonly it was for me and I decided to start making these to give to the other ladys in the dyalasis unit that are going threw what I went threw . After all a shawl is like a hug . Have a Heart Shawl Crochet Pattern | Red Heart ; they do make nice gifts for ladys that are going threw some trying times. it lets them know that they are not alone.Have A Heart Shawl .-heart-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a slouchy hat and a shawl I made out of Red Heart red yarn and I love them!The hat was a birthday gift for me. They are very nice and cozy in the winter. Your shawl is lovely! I like that, a shawl is like a hug, that is beautiful! Very kind of you to reach out to others this way!

3. Likes aporfirio, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE this shawl! I've been thinking of making one for myself - get chilly at night while I'm on computer and I need a cover up to keep me warm. Thanks for posting this. Now, I have to get some red yarn!
    Great idea for giving some of these away to someone needing a hug. So sorry you had a terrible month. Just remember, you're not alone, we're all here to offer support. We're only a "click" away.
    fabiana

Quote Originally Posted by lorahuey View Post
    Since September I have been going threw some rough times my boyfriend had to have part of his foot amputated and spent almost a month in a nursing home. It was a real rough month for me and in December he had to go back in to have another surgery on his foot . It hasnt been easy getting threw these last few months . I have finly figured out how to make sence of some of the crochet patterns and this this is one of the first that I have realy concored .I know alot of you dont like Red Heart but this shawl says it all for me and recently another woman's husband had a stroke and is now in the same nursing home that Joe was in and she hasnt been having a very good time of it either and I rember how lonly it was for me and I decided to start making these to give to the other ladys in the dyalasis unit that are going threw what I went threw . After all a shawl is like a hug . Have a Heart Shawl Crochet Pattern | Red Heart ; they do make nice gifts for ladys that are going threw some trying times. it lets them know that they are not alone.Have A Heart Shawl .-heart-jpg

5. Likes GrammaJoe, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the shawl. I think what you are doing is a super idea!

7. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are a really nice person to think of others that way. you go girl. I love your picture also.

9. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you have been having a bit of a rough patch, and yet you are looking to see what you can do for those who are struggling around you. What a wonderful deed you are doing! -janine

11. Likes lorahuey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is very pretty, I know how you feel with you BF in a nursing home, my husband has been in a Nursing Home for almost a year now.. It is really a rough road to go.. It is very nice of you to think of others, to pass my time i been making Chemo Caps.

13. Likes lorahuey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just beautiful. Giving to others is a great way to deal with your circumstance. I applaud you. Annette

15. Likes lorahuey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a SCARF not a shawl. I had shawls on the brain, LOL

17. Likes MeerKat, lorahuey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all . Its not praze I'm after its that people for some reason do not want to deal with someone that is going trew these kind of situations they seam to think that if they ignor it it wont happen to them and when others are in need of a friend or just someone to talk to there is no one there to talk to . And just a little token just a kind word helps so much to ease the helpless fealing . Maybe even just a cup of tea or coffee does help to get threw the rough time . you are in my prayers Meerkat .