Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Sock Loom

Post Thanks / Like

Sock Loom

I was on the web and I came across a sock loom....I don't crochet socks well; and I thought hey this might be fun....but of course I want to ask all my friends if any of them have tired this and what their experience with it....thanks in advance for you input...happy crocheting.

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No experience with that or even seen one. Sorry.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't know anything about it. i have tried to crochet socks before, it didn't work. lol i would love to make socks. i think that anyone that cochet them does a fine job. i might try them again if i find a easy enough pattern.

6. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you use a loom you're knitting, not crocheting. Try googling "crochet sock patterns" and then lloking over what comes up. You should be able to find some simple ones.

8. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kayemory View Post
    When you use a loom you're knitting, not crocheting. Try googling "crochet sock patterns" and then lloking over what comes up. You should be able to find some simple ones.
    thanks kayemory

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, go to this address and you will find a list of crochet sock patterns. Hope this helps.

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Sock Crochet Pattern Link Directory

11. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome. I posted one of the sites. It has lots of patterns. check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I knew that the loom is knitted, but I have a hard time w/ the heal....I have a couple of easy patterns but not so easy for me, crochet, so I will look up what you posted, thanks...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    I was on the web and I came across a sock loom....I don't crochet socks well; and I thought hey this might be fun....but of course I want to ask all my friends if any of them have tired this and what their experience with it....thanks in advance for you input...happy crocheting.
    My husband and I bought a sock loom last winter and I wish I had my money back! It is very tedious and the thin sock yarn kept jumping off all the little posts! It really wasn't worth it. Wasn't real cheap either. We bought ours at Hobby Lobby. This is my opinion for what its worth. The technique for the loom is nothing like knitting with needles or crochet either. Lawana

15. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the kinda info I am looking for....I love the idea of 'making' my own but for some reasons I'm not getting it right w/ crocheting....practice I guess is what I need to do...thanks....