Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: weather here

Post Thanks / Like

weather here

Well, we had some snow yesterday and today the high was 28 and low was 15. There is more snow expected tomorrow I guess.There was just enough snow on the ground that we had to wear our snow boots to the First Financials' Annual Awards Banquet last night.

My good friend Deb went with me as my guest. Her husband dropped us off at the door about 6:00 and we had to find our name tags and find our assigned table as they were playing music They started out with the color guard and p ledge of allegiance to the flag, the National Anthem and prayer.

Then they served our dinner. We had a salad, choice of chicken or prime rib (Deb and I had chicken), mashed potatoes, carrots and dinner roll. We had a chocolate Eclair for desert.

They gave the awards for years of service and different things. That took a while. Then they went to the drawings...for CASH! Every guest and retiree had their name in the pot. Besides that some of the people had purchased tickets for a separate drawing. I forget how many envelopes were attached to a board, so if your name was drawn you went up on stage and chose an envelope from the board . Seven of those envelopes had a $100.00 bill in them. Each of the others had $49.00 in each of the envelopes. There must have been at least 25 of those $49.00 envelopes. The final drawing was from the tickets people had bought. That drawing got some lucky dog $500! I can't even imagine winning that much money ! Deb and I didn't buy any tickets!

I have been retired for 17 years so most of the people I worked with are no longer there. My brother Danny and his wife were there and I did know a few people,but not very many. I knew more of the retirees than the ones still working there. OH, before they turned it over to those who stayed for the music and dancing...they had a fake Beyoncee come up and impersonate her in a song. I had my camera and got a short video of that. If I can figure out how to post it I will if it's any good. We did have a good time. Maybe we'll go again next year!

2. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you had a wonderful evening out at the Awards Banquet. Even the snow didn't stop you...fantastic!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounded like you had fun. I know what I would have done with some of that 500.00 lol, more yarn and a few patterns lol. and bills of course...
    Last edited by Trenarah; 02-04-2013 at 04:00 PM.

6. Likes Landon liked this post