Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  96
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: Plarning

Post Thanks / Like

Plarning

I had a idea..for plarning. I am going to make bigger tote bags for shopping.(I use them a lot) I hate that those crappy plastic bags rip..I know I still will have plastic bags to make plarn..because I will just put the crappy ones inside my tote..lol..

I also want to make a bigger size one for my yarn..gonna work on it tonight I think..hugs Anne and thanks Trenarah..for telling me about Plarning.

2. Likes janie mae, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    your welcome Anne

4. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anne do you have a pattern or are you going to wing it? I'm asking because I want a big bag to carry stuff in and I have lots and lots of plastic bags to make it but no pattern and I'm debating making it up as I go or following a pattern because it is plarn and I haven't crocheted with it before.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes janie mae, marybethblus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nope no pattern just gonna wing it. Thinking to do wide strip of like half double and then make side panels..then attach it all and some how make sturdy handles..(this I would like to have reinforced) but that is just my first plan..I will let you know if I find a pattern though..kk.

8. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me. I was going to do a couple of rounds of half doubles to make a base then start up on the sides. I haven't figured out in my head how I was going to do the handles yet. I have a pattern for a bag that I did in November out of cotten done in double crochets but with the plarn I think the half double would be better. I guess I could use that and just modify it to be bigger and use it as a guideline. Thinking out loud here...

I want to use my for a grocery bag for light items or for toteing my yarn stuff around in. So it has to be a pretty good size...
    Barby Sue

10. Likes janie mae, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol..exactly..just some store stuff and YARN..lol. I have to find my sharp scissors also..my kids always walks away with them..lol.

12. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sharp scissors?? what are they?? LOL Mine never are around when I need them. They usually wind up in my hubby's tool box. Yep! REAL pleased about that one!
    Barby Sue

14. Likes janie mae, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would do plarn in a minute if I had someone to cut the bags up. The bag I made was one I made up and didn't write down but I used hdc. I started with a ch the length I wanted and did hdc down one side and then down the other side and kept increasing around the original ch and then just made circles around until it started to form a cup shape and then I didn't do any increases and just kept going until it was the size I wanted. I know that is a lot of technical talking but that is what I did. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies,,,,I have a question??? What is plarn ?? I feel so dum since I have crocheted for years and don't know..
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

17. Likes janie mae, kychyck, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy B. View Post
    Ladies,,,,I have a question??? What is plarn ?? I feel so dum since I have crocheted for years and don't know..
    you use the plastic bags you get from stores, cut it to use as yarn, aka plarn.

19. Likes janie mae liked this post