Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Making Dishcloths...

I personally don't care much for winter, it's always so dark gray, and everything seems dead to me. It can be very depressing for me, almost like the gray cloudy gloom infiltrates my being...

I just recently picked up crochet again, a few months ago. I've been crocheting just plain old cotton dishcloths out of brightly colored "happy" yarn. It makes me feel good to see the pretty colors form into my project, even if it is "just a dishcloth".... When I'm crocheting them, I think about the people in my life I love and care about... the ones whom I'll give them too. And that makes me smile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. we would love to see some pictures of your happy dishcloths. What a nice way to think about making them. I sure bet your friends and family enjoy getting them too.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel that crocheting, even when it gets on my nerves is a great...glad you aren't so sad during winter....happy crocheting.

4. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm someone who has experienced major depression for most of my life (I'm 49). For me, personally, crocheting is a productive way for me to calm my mind, it keeps my hands busy, and before I know it I've got a beautiful item that I've hand-made!!! I think that's why I like "happy" colors... they make me feel good...

6. Likes Anaisa, Kathy B., boopie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry that you've gone through major depression....I like crocheting too because it soothes me, and it just relaxes my mind....

Post Thanks / Like
    Please dont feel sorry for me because I happne to know all about living with major depression. We all have our own trials in life... no one is immune from the hardships and tragedies in life. For all of us, sometimes life can be hard, we all have our "moments." For me, one of my personal successes has been refusing to let major depression defeat me. I choose to live my life in every moment to the fullest! I'm so grateful for the wonderful job I have and for my 2 boys who are both away at college now. I've been a single mom for almost 19 years, my boys are both happy in their lives. I lost my dear, wonderful brother a year ago to brain cancer... I learned so much about living life from him!

For me, it's all about living moment to moment... and sometimes I just sit and crochet with bright colored yarn... even if I'm just making "dishclothes" the bright colors make me feel good and smile. And that's what I've been doing today.

9. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me as if you have been doing lots of things right! When it comes to crocheting, I like thinking of the person I am making it for while I am doing it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. I love thinking about the people I'm crocheting something for when I'm making something I know they'll love. Crochet is my "therapy" LOL. People talk about making "prayer shawls" where they pray while they're making the shawls. That's what I do when I'm crocheting anything for a friend of loved one... even if it's "just" a dishcloth. I know when I'm making it that it's something they'll love!

12. Likes GrammaJoe, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for you, I'm saying sorry that you have to go through a trial. Yes, we all have a 'trial' or two that we are suffer through and for that I'm sorry; glad that crochet is good for you too, very happy you had a good day....Sorry about your brother, very happy you found the positive; happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you (((Anaisa))) We're all here crocheting and sharing our tips, patterns and stories. I really do appreciate you not feeling sorry for me... always in the past, whenever anyone felt sorry for me, or felt any kind of "pity", it always seemed to make things worse in my eyes. You make the most beautiful filet crochet projects!!! I've always admired anyone who has a talent for filet, its always seemed like it was way too tedious and difficult for me!

15. Likes MeerKat liked this post