Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Please need help with reading I believe to be a picot trellis stich

Hi I am doing a crochet dress the pattern is caron row 'o ruffles dress. I can crochet (self taught) but have trouble reading patterns so for the ruffles it reads as
    Round 1 ch 1, sc in same ch-sp, ch 3, sl st in top of sc (picot made), * ch 5, sc in next ch-sp, ch 3, picot: repeat from * around join with ch 2, dc in frist sc (joining ch2 and dc count as ch sp.
    Round 2-5 Ch 1 sc in first ch-sp(formed by join), picot, *ch 5 sc in next ch-sp, ch 3 picot; repeat from * around ; join with ch 2 dc in frist sc.
    Round 6 Ch 7 sl st in 4th ch from hook (picot made), dc in first ch-sp, (picot, dc in same ch-sp) twice, * dc in next ch-sp, (Picot, dc in same ch-sp) 3 times; repeat from * around ; join with sl st in base of first picot
    NEED IT SIMPLIFIED IF POSSIBLE
    THANKS
    Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you having trouble reading? Take it one step at a time....
    ch 1, sc in same ch-sp,
    ch 3, sl st in top of sc (picot made),
    * ch 5, sc in next ch-sp, ch 3, picot:
    repeat from * around join with ch 2, dc in first sc (joining ch 2 and dc count as ch sp.
    Can you read charts? Would that make it easier....? Hope breaking it up helps....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just posted on your first request something that may help you. Write it out. Or make a symbol chart. When I started reading patterns, I'd be ready to pull out my hair and say " JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE DARN HOOK? (or something more xrated Anyway. For your next venture, I suggest you try a pattern that has writing and symbols. It makes it so Obvious where to put the hook. What the total picture will look like. Where you're starting and ending. What it looks like, and how they are trying to make a particular part. It's like a lightbulb goes off in your head. The best patterns (to me) have both writing and diagram, with different colors for each symbol row, a schematic of the finished project. And instructions for a swatch with clear measurements. (Yarn substitutions would be great also, but if it's sponsored by a yarn company, that won't happen.) Good luck. And as Anaisa said, take it one step at a time. Did you do a swatch first? It's an easy way to learn a pattern's repeats.
    Good luck, and Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann
    Joys Crochet Boutique on Etsy

4. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I started crocheting, the graph used too give me the heeby jeebys. Now I have got so used to it as it really really helps. I have no idea when I suddenly realised I could read the blessed thing but I can. It is great as it seems to sort out the most ambiguous pattern providing there is a graph of course.☺