Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Help help somebody save me!!!

OK I have been working on a baby dragon (the tummy to be exact) and I have a stitch i am not sure about. the pattern says to finish ch 1 reverse sc (crab stitch) all around piece
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

2. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to google and type in crab stitch or reverse s c . I saw it the other day. Basically, you sc in the sc 'behind' your hook. Google it tho. That will explain it better. Lawana

4. Likes janie mae, Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lawana to the rescue!!!!! Outstanding!!!

6. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish I knew a tenth of what you, Landon, and Anne know about computers!THAT would be outstanding. Hugs.

8. Likes janie mae, GrammaJoe, Trenarah liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone help me? I have a filet pattern that I want to convert from #10 cotton and size 6 hook to worsted weight yarn and "I" hook. How do I figure out how much yarn I need? The size isnt an issue, recipient wants a large wall hanging. Is there some formula for conversion, or do I just use yarn with no dye lot (such as red heart super saver)?

10. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    crochet sc backwards, its slow till you get the hang of it. I did it with a rim of one of my hats. its a pretty stitch, I liked it.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

12. Likes janie mae, jennlee liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    PJsmama,
    I think you may have the right idea on converting the filet to worsted using an I hook. If size doesn't matter, use something that is no dye lot. Since it isn't being worn, texture won't matter & the complaint they all have about Super Saver won't matter. I personally do not have a problem with it but some do. The lighter colors do seem softer although I have noticed lately that the dark ones are pretty soft. I used it on the black & white houndstooth afghan I did for Christmas & didn't notice much difference. The black was as soft as the white. If you do this, please let me know how it turns out. I'd like to put it on my list of stuff to try.
    Hugs, Jane

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed the difference in softness with the super saver myself even in 2 skeins of the same color, howeverf after washing and drying using dryer sheets, the yarn becomes softer. And using as a wall hanging it wouldnt make a difference. Depending on what size these pieces turn out to be, I may try applique on a pice of fleece. Just not sure of the stretch factor. I'm going to try one of the smaller pieces first, there is a neat looking owl that is about 18" square with the #10 thread. It will also give me an idea of how much bigger the piece will be.

16. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow,
    That sounds like a neat piece. Owls are everywhere now but why not? They are such amazing birds. If you don't want to do fleece, depending on the look you are after, you could buy some of those artist canvases at Michaels or Joanns & either paint them or cover with contrasting cloth, then attach your crocheted piece. It would sure be different looking. I had seen a huge wall of doilies in black shadowboxes on one of the decorating shows. It was in a bedroom over the bed. Talk about dramatic! All different shapes, sizes, turned on angles, it was beautiful. I collect doilies & vintage hankies. I was just thinking of all I could do. Cost me a fortune in shadowboxes unless I learned to make them or found a bunch at an estate sale or somewhere. It would be unique, though. I can dream...
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie Mae!! Where is the picture of that houndstooth afghan????? The reverse sc was easy for me. You simply do the stitchs in the "wrong" way that is backwards. Picking up stitchs to the right instead of left. Lefties I have no idea what you do may be the same but no idea.

19. Likes janie mae, Magnolia Blossom liked this post