Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Color my hair?

Post Thanks / Like

Color my hair?

Ladies, I don't like to do anything all the time and my hair has been all gray for years. I cut my long hair last month and now I am considering coloring it. I can't go to my original color because it whould be a dark, dark brown and that looks so false. I have had every color you can imagine but I bought a reddish brown color and I haven't used it. The other consideration is that Kaye is all gray and one of the reasons thatI haven't colored it. Since I cut my hair we look more alike and I like that. I am not a makeup wearing person but I do like to change things so I might start that too. Should I??

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming you bought a temporary hair dye? I say do it and see how you like it! Ya won't know for sure til you try it for yourself, I think! Don't forget the pictures!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Faye do it! I agree with Landon that a temporary hair dye is a good idea. If that's not the color for you, you can try another one! Wearing makeup will also give you a new look! Try it to see if you like it or what makeup routine you'll be interested in continuing...lipstick/lip gloss, blush, eye shadow, foundation, concealer, eyelash extender, eyeliner etc. Faye, a new you, a new view! Get ready for the compliments! Pictures please!

From a lady who likes change to another lady who likes change!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can sympathize with you; it's a hard thing finding the right hair colour plus the courage to do so....I think since you are on the fence you should give it a try....cuz you want a change but you aren't sure just how to go about it; plus if you don't like it, there are so many new things out there you can always colour your hair grey again....hugs and happy experimenting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it is a permanent color! In for a penny in for a pound!! Ok, right it will grow out!! Ok, uh, uh maybe!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't simply because I don't want to have to re-do it every few weeks. That is just me though.

Post Thanks / Like
    That has been a consideration as well but they have those root kits now and that might make it easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. OK. Maybe that would make a difference. Otherwise, you are just setting yourself up for continuous dye jobs. Sure it will grow out, but what else to do in mean time.. Can't go back to "natural" very easily once you start down this path. But again that is just me not wanting to start. Is it bothering you? Or is it just a change you are wanting? Maybe get some fancy earrings instead. LOL Bottom line, if it makes You happy...Go for it. I think, cause your asking, you do want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you try on some wigs in the colors to see how they look ,thats what i did.i haven't colored nor cut my hair, yet, but one of these days...
    Take someone with you , it's a hoot! You don't have to buy a wig. Hey that's an idea!
    Last edited by Kitty; 02-02-2013 at 01:48 PM.

11. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a small rural area. No wig shops here. I have had my hair this color before but GrammaJoe is right it takes a while for it to grow out if I don't like it. But my hair grows really fast and I can go even shorter if I have to. So, still maybe but I do want your feedback and I won't hold anything against anyone for my decision. I'm almost a go!! lol Firm decision!! Maybe!! lol