Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Chair leg covers

Has anyone tried the chair leg covers? I have and they came out great and really protect your floor from scrapes. Here is the pattern: plus3crochet.blogspot.com/2011
    They work up fast and you can use your scraps. I found cotton yarn works best. Enjoy

2. Likes justplainjudy, Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great idea! We are hoping to be moving really soon and the homes only have one room with carpet. So, I may have to revisit this and create some leg covers! Thanks for sharing!

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selegear View Post
    Has anyone tried the chair leg covers? I have and they came out great and really protect your floor from scrapes. Here is the pattern: plus3crochet.blogspot.com/2011
    They work up fast and you can use your scraps. I found cotton yarn works best. Enjoy
    I thought I would make some and I thought I knew what my chair legs looked like so I started on one and had such a time figuring out where each row ended . I haven't totally mastered the magic circle yet! I spent a lot of time ripping out and starting over. Then I finally just chained 4 to start. I got about 5 rows done and decided to see if it would slip over the end of the chair legs and would you believe the front and back legs are different! The front ones are round and then there is a ball shape about 2 inches above that. The back ones are rectangular, consequently I will. not be able to use the pattern as it is written. I will have to come up with my own pattern if I want to make them and I am disappointed to say the least! OH well......I guess I will roll with the punches! Guess I should have looked at the chairs before I began.XOXOXO

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The pictures are so cute. What a clever idea for using scraps and protecting floors. I know someone who could use these and now I know what they will be receiving for Christmas!

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much. I have those very ugly chair protectors that collect cat hair. I already printed the pattern and picture. Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you love it when you find something so useful that you can make with your own two hands? I do and find it a real blessing to boot!

11. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead,
    They will work on the square legs, too. Just make them in the right size to start over the leg and they will mold to the shape of the leg. Caution, make them deep enough that they won't easily slip off. They are such a neat idea for all the hardwood floors we have today.

13. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to make them this week. I have felt pads that I glued onto the chairs and like they said, they collect cat hair and slide off.
    Great idea. Thanks Cyndy

15. Likes justplainjudy liked this post