Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Not Motivated

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Not Motivated

Does anyone ever get down occasionally and not want to even pick up any of their projects? Well, I'm there! I've got a pillow cover and two amigurumi projects started and I'm not in the mood to finish any of them. If you've been in my place before, what did you do to get motivated again? I need help
    Last edited by misspat; 01-30-2013 at 08:33 AM.

2. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am usually motivated to finish a project if I see some new yarn I want to buy. I make myself either finish the project or rip it out to justify the new purchase. It really depends on what "unmotivated" me about the particular project. If I find that I don't enjoy working that particular pattern or the yarn doesn't work with the pattern, I'll just frog it and go on to something else.

4. Likes Landon, MeerKat, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you work on projects alot, you need to take a break from time to time. When it becomes much like work then it is not fun like it can be. I would say, take a break and sometimes even a good nights sleep will help you to have a new view on life the next day!

6. Likes Kitty, Landon, imj9scrochetj9, mb1031 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm like the one above me, if it is just the mood I'm in I try to drag myself out of it, if it is because I'm tired of working on that project I'll put it away and work on something else. A good ol' fashioned shopping trip to Joanns or Michaels usually gets me out of the rut and gets the creative juices flowing again. Once I start working on a new project, I can usually go back to the original one and finish it. If it is a mood thing I'm pretty much stuck until the mood passes.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I want to crochet something but Don' t know what to do!

9. Likes Landon, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I get crochet fatigue, I usually look at other projects or try making graphs; But I will tell you, it is best to take a break, because you will make mistakes and be more frustrated than usual when you have to frog.....hope this helps.

11. Likes Landon, rosieh20, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went into a major slump after my husband passed away in May. When I went into my dds (dentist) office for a toothache, everyone in there put me back into the crochet mood real fast. Hearing them talk about the "chicken girl" (my nick name and my sign-in name in that office) not hooking any more sort of helped me. They actually told me they don't want to see me back there without my projects anymore, (they all know my work is given away more than not.) what I needed was a boost from people around me. If you need a break, take it, but know that we would all love to know that you are moving forward. I would love to see that pillow cover.... a now and a finished photo would be great! Something to inspire you (I hope). -janine

13. Likes Anaisa, GrammaJoe, Landon, MeerKat, mb1031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Misspat, I am sorry to hear that you are in a rut but I am grateful that you asked this question!! What wonderful feedback we are seeing on here! For me, if I am not interested in being creative, that is a red flag for me, that means I am getting depressed and I sit down and journal to figure out what is bothering me so I get past it. It never fails to amaze me how powerful journaling is.
    Do you feel like you need a break from crocheting?
    You said that you aren't in the mood, what are you in the mood to do?

15. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If i get feeling uninspired on crochet, i try to learn to knit and in no time at all i learn a new appreciation of crochet.LOL, now you talented people who can do both don't hate me , just a joke.The thing is ,i do something else creative or crafty.

17. Likes Landon, imj9scrochetj9, mb1031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe me, we get it, LOL Some of us actually do knit and others (like me) have tried it, LOL I really do WANT to learn to knit, I just need to set aside the time for it and I can crochet much faster..................