Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with vintage pattern

Need help sorting a vintage pattern. . I am a begginner. When I tried following the pattern I ended up with something looking like an odd scarf. Seems like a simple pattern but maybe I am missing something.

From Moderator: Here is a link for those viewing the thread for the first time:

http://www.antiquecrochetpatterns.co...-slippers.html
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 12-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the name of the pattern - the link did not work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    The link did not work for me either. If you post a picture of what you have done so far, it may help us to figure out if you missed something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes- give us some more info!

Post Thanks / Like
    More info is needed; where are you having difficulty....haven't seen the pattern either...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Slippers can be a challenge! I would suggest starting with some easier projects first. Crocheting the heel can be tricky.

Post Thanks / Like

vintage pattern

Wow thanks for the interest......the pattern is at Antique Crochet Patterns - Free Vintage Crochet Patterns. Look on the side menu for crochet slippers under accessories. Then find the pattern that says "bedroom slippers" not the "bedroom slippers set". This pattern seem not have a lot of different stitches and lots of steps so that is why I chose it. My work is basically flat up to the step I got stuck on and couldnt figure out(after it says do 18 rows). Appreciate the help!

Post Thanks / Like

vintage pattern

My work looks like a trapeziod with the starting row of 10 stiches and 18 rows with 18 stiches on the last row. I cant see any resemblence of a slipper. i dont have any way of shoeing a picture at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the widest side (18 inch ) will go around your ankle and the 2 sides that come together( when you put it around your ankle )get sewn together with the seam on top of the foot , then the toe end is sewn flat ? i have seen moccasins made this way ,with one piece of leather.
    Last edited by Kitty; 02-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is the first part of your pattern
    STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
    Commence at the toe with 10 ch.
    1st Row - Miss the first 2 ch., 1 d.c. in each remaining ch., 2 ch., turn.
    2nd Row - The 2 ch. at turning stands for the 1st stitch, work 1 d.c. into each remaining stitch taking up the back thread throughout 2 ch., turn.
    Continue repeating the 2nd row but increasing once at each end in every 2nd row until 18 rows are worked.
    Continue without shaping for 4 more rows (or the req'd length of toe).
    On the first 12 stitches only, work in d.c., without shaping, a sufficient length to measure round the sole to the other 12 toe stitches. Fasten off and sew the last row neatly to the toe stitches.

Chain 10
    1st row in the 2nd chain from the hook dc in each of the remaining ch (for a total of 8 dc) chain 2 and turn
    2nd row dc in the back loop in each dc chain 2 and turn
    Row 3 though 18 youw ill be adding one extra dc on each end of every other row
    As I read this I see it as you are increasing on the even rows
    then you will only work with the first 12 stitchs until you have enough to go around the sole
    you will the sew it to the sole

although this is a pretty simple pattern i think there is some issues you have to have a sole to sew it to and the needle is small (read next post) and the yarn is a light weight yarn that they used (i am by no means a yarn expert it calls for Zephyr Wool
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 02-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64