Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Info on and about Chart Crocheting

Hi, I am soon to undertake a large chart crochet project 250sts X 300sts. Have not done one of these before. So if anyone has advice, tutorial videos they know of, particularly of method that makes both sides look good! Would be ever so appreciative. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I am not English speaking and use only charts.. There is book "learn chart crochet in one day" something like this
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was "Learn symbol crochet in one day"
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll check it out Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome... I hope other members can help with links and videos
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    It was "Learn symbol crochet in one day"
    Hey, there, Hello! I just realized you are from overseas. I think this is great to get to know someone from a different country! Will You be my friend? I just love getting to talk to other girls on crochet talk. We can exchange ideas and stories,patterns and other stuff. I have never been nor do I ever hope to get to go out of the states to visit anyone. I did do a lot of traveling during my second marriage. We went to Alaska twice and took my mom the second time. She has passed away now but I was so glad that she got to go with us. When my husband said he always wanted to go to Alaska it was as if he wanted to go into outer space as far as I was concerned. I was reluctant to even consider it at first. But it turned out just fine and a lot of fun too. Anyway I just wanted to say Hello!XOXOXO!

9. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi! Do not you see my wrong English? You can come and stay in my appts... You do not need visa! I am friend of crocheters being crocheter myself... Feel free to add me. We can talk any time == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; wish you the best on your adventure of a large crochet....my advice is, set an amount of rows you want to do daily....that way you don't over do it; Also, when you get tired, remember the frog comes about, don't let that discourage you.....happy crocheting.

12. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The Frog??? Thanks for the advice it sounds like a good idea. But the Frog???

14. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Leslie! I just learned crochet symbols myself and have never been happier! I find charts are easier to read, especially in the round and when different stitches are within the row. I can pretty much look at a chart and see where I am now as well as where I need to be in larger projects. (never that big tho!) Sometimes when I have problems with a pattern I write out the symbols in a graph and I understand what I should be able to do. I think it is more of a visual process for me, than a verbal of doing this, then do that, and on and on. As long as you remember that when you are looking at a chart it is just like you are looking at the actual project. Chain starts on the left side and you work towards the right, then you start your 1st row on the right and off you go. Your graph works that way and that is how you are working your yarn.
    I have to give you an example of a pattern that I did and loved! Well that is once I graphed it out!
    Rnd 2: (1 hdc, 3 dc, 1 hdc) all in front loop of next st (this will be the head), sl st in front loop of each of the next 2 sts, ch9, sl st in 5th chain from hook, ch4, sl st in same chain as last sl st, 1 sc in next chain, 2 sc in each of the next 3 chains (first arm made), sl st in front loop of each of the next 2 sts, ch10, sl st in 5th chain from hook, ch4, sl st in same chain a last sl st, 1 sc in next chain, sc decrease next 2 chains together, Dc decrease next 2 chains together (first leg made), sl st in front loop of each of the next 4 sts, ch8, sl st in 5th chain from hook, ch4, sl st in same chain as last sl st, 1 sc in next chain, 2 sc in next chain, 2 dc in next chain (second leg made), sl st in front loop of each of the next 2 sts, ch12, sl st in 5th chain from hook, ch4, sl st in same chain as last sl st, 1 sc in next chain, [Sc decrease next 2 chains together] Do this 3 times (second arm made), join with sl st to joining sl st of Rnd 1.

I rest my case for the advantages of graphs I kept losing my place a couple of times and grew an octopus

16. Likes missro007 liked this post