Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a forum history/introduction page?

I am a recently joined member here and I am sooo curious about this forum. Is there any place that I can find answers to my wandering mind? ...an introduction page that answers questions like When did this forum begin? Whose wonderful idea was it? How fast has it grown? I see how fast it is growning now, but I really am interested in the history of this forum. Thanks... Janine

2. Likes amanda, Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

The forum began a little over a year ago. It has grown by leaps and bounds. Our administrator asked me if I would be interested in helping on this forum. I am amazed at how it has grown and I am sure he is, too! Our admin is great at finding a need online and creating a site to fulfill the need.

I have to personally say this has been a wonderful experience for me and I have so enjoyed making new friends here. I don't plan on going anywhere for some time...may be here forever!! LOL

Hope this info helps you some...:0)

4. Likes amanda, Maryjane, Anaisa, Landon, rosieh20, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Barbara, I am so enjoying my time here, I have already learned a new stitch since I joined and have made 3 circle scarfs... I guess I have a curiosity that goes beyond... and just wanted to know who deserves credit for this forum. Hats off to you and the Administrator for all you have done, are doing and continue to do. janine

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you barbara for sharing!! I never imaged that the club was so new!! I guess i always assumed that it has been around since the rocks once again, and more so now that i know the history, thank you for all your hard and deligent (hrrump, figured smartphone would figure out that cant spell) work. ...high five for a Great job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE this place!!! I learn new tips and techniques daily and I just LOVE TO PIECES my Precious Crochet Family!! My life is richer now than I ever imagined it could be!

Thank you, Barbara!! I so appreciate all your hard work and your management skills!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
    Landon

8. Likes Barbara G., amanda, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! What Landon said!!! Keep talking for me L!! lol

10. Likes imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janine- you will never find another forum like this one!! We are very down to earth and truly glad to be here!!And Barb gets most of the credit for that! I know you will it here! Please ask any other questions you may have!

12. Likes Barbara G., imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You ladies are flattering me! :0) Don't forget that if each of you were not here, I would not have anything to help with! LOL And, I don't always know all the answers! I learn new things here as well from many of you!

14. Likes amanda, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Janine! That was a great question I always had. We are more like distant family members, or lost family just reunited and learning, helping, telling, teaching each other something everyday and a lot of other good things. Some of them talk to me like a daughter should and not like a nobody!

16. Likes Barbara G., imj9scrochetj9 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It should also be noted that some of us (me) have made great friends on here that really care about us and make our lives a little brighter everyday. I would be lost if I lost the support from ya'll!! This is way more than crochet and Amanda was right it feels like family I have just discovered! Good analogy Amanda!!

18. Likes Barbara G., amanda, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post