Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hey There!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey There!

I just joined and wanted to say hey there. My name is Shar which is short for Sharlene....in my older age I am all about taking shortcuts for my typing. I am married and a mother to one, grandmother to 4 and great grandmother to 4....I live in Missouri, transplanted from Virginia Beach, VA in 2008 after I retired from driving a school bus for almost 30 years.
    I learned to crochet at my grandmother's knee when I was a child but didn't do much with my new found knowledge until I became a young mother myself. My mother-in-law taught me how to read a pattern and I dabbled with making afghans and baby blankets....again I didn't do much with my crocheting. Then I picked up the yarn and hooks again when I was tending to my mother who was fighting cancer back in 1995. I've been crocheting regularly since then...
    I'm not an expert but can make a mean blanket, afghan or hooded scarf....I dabble with other small project such as hot pads made with old dvd discs or the metal lids from extra large tin cans......mostly things that help me around the house.
    I make and donate items to special olympics, hospitals, and nursing homes and the local pregnancy support center. I also donate yarn, thread and hooks to others that will make items for these types of organizations but don't have the money to buy the supplies.
    I love to crochet and now that I'm retired I enjoy it whenever the mood moves me to make something. Am looking forward to reading all the forum posts and learning more.

2. Likes mb1031 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shar! It s nice to meet you. I am larisa addicted to doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you here on site with us! Also nice to hear about how others help with charity through crocheting! Please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Glad you joined the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shar! Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and if you have pictures of your projects we would love to see them!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome. i don't think i could drive school bus. move that hook making smiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!!!

Cindy