Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Post Thanks / Like

Need some help with my pattern please

Hi I am a new crocheter and need help with this pattern it is in v stich and on row 7-8 (decrease rows) Ch 3(does not count as a st here and throughout), sk first 2 dc, sk next ch (decrease made), V-st in next dc, * sk next dc, sk nextch, V-st in next dc; repeat from * across to last V-st, sk next dc, sk next ch, dc in last dc, turn ...
    so does this mean I am dec. every other stich? cause it says after row 8 I should have 21 V-st at the end of row 8 but I start out with 23 V stiches, ... it doesn't work I'm so confused
    Any help would be very much appreciated
    the pattern is Simply Soft Caron Rows 'o Ruffles Dress if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never made this garment, but I am looking at the pattern now. You are only decreasing by one V stitch on row 7 and one on row 8. That would give you your 21 stitches. I think you may be getting confused by the sk next dc and skip next ch, but that is the V stitch pattern repeat you have been doing all along on the previous rows. The only place you decrease by one is at the very beginning of row 7 and row 8. Hope this helps!

3. Likes Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom, 1stLadyDi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much my brain just wan't getting it >3 >3

Post Thanks / Like
    That's perfectly normal! I am impressed that you're a new crocheter and you are tackling a project like that dress! It's very cute! Don't feel too bad, I have been crocheting for over 30 years and right now I am working on a sweater that I have frogged (rippit, rippit, rippit!) 3 times before I finally figured out that I read one line of the pattern completely wrong all 3 times. Now, that's purty bad!

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh lol lol I'm glad its just not me While it did say easy on it ha ha ha but i guess not to easy for a newby was reading the ruffles might have to call on you again ha ha ha ... thanks so much
    regards
    Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    glad you got the help....happy crocheting.

9. Likes 1stLadyDi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime Diane!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes a simple pattern just doesn't make sense! You ask for help, they figure it out and all you can say is Duh-I should have known that!! It happens to all of us! I have made that dress and it does make a cute dress! I made one for my g-daughter in shades of purple!!

12. Likes mb1031, 1stLadyDi liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done that dress many times, and it does all work out!!! I must admit, thought, that in the beginning I, too was confused. Good luck to you!!!

14. Likes 1stLadyDi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone learns differently. Although I like directions. I really like to see a diagram of the pattern. But if there is none, and I'm confused about something, I will either write it out in long hand (I'll abbreviate, but if you're supposed to do something in () 2x, then I write it 2 times). Or, I'll make a little symbol diagram of it. If it's in the "repeat", or a special stitch, I put it on a sticky note that I move along to stick under the line I'm on, so every time I come to it, it will be right there. And sometimes, I just realize I'm reading too much into it, and just do what it says, not what I THINK it should say. Understand
    Just a thought.
    Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann
    Joys Crochet Boutitque on Etsy

16. Likes GrammaJoe, 1stLadyDi liked this post