Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

new yarn arrived today

ok, so I got this palette for a new blanket
    two- 7 oz worsted in periwinkle
    two- 3 oz simply soft in teal [Hawaiian Sky]
    1 3 oz simply soft light sky blue [Riviera]
    one-3 oz simply soft lilac [pansy]

I couldn't get exact with the color chart available.

I want to make it mostly in the periwinkle yarn so I'll make large borders of this. the rest will be solid bands of the other colors. I'm anxious to get started.

the colors are just gorgeous together. I love the palette.

I bought them all from Annie's attic, not happy with their business practices but love the yarn.
    Last edited by bailey36; 01-23-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

2. Likes N/A, Anaisa, GrammaJoe, Trenarah, mb1031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What business practices are you referring to??

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - we would like to know! They do sound like wonderful colors and we want to see your project when you are working on it or done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    What business practices are you referring to??
    what passes for customer service. long story but it felt like they were not any kind of service.
    Bailey
    In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength

Post Thanks / Like
    I started the teal, I'll just keep going on a 150 ct SC until it's gone, then to go the blues to the lilac then teal staying in the simply soft skeins; then will use the periwinkle to just go round and round it. I know it'll feel soft covering whoever I give it to. and I know the colors will be lush and beautiful. I'm excited to see how big it'll be [I found some more blues/lite purples in Simply soft skeins to fill in if it seems like it won't be big enough. I like big throws for getting snug under in winter.
    Last edited by bailey36; 01-23-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    Bailey

7. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like it will be very pretty, can't wait to see a picture when your done.
    Last edited by Trenarah; 01-24-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done business with Annies Attic for years. I have no complaints what so ever with her company. Whenever I have a rude or unprofessional person ANYWHERE but especially on the phone I ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager. This usually gets the rude persons attention and they change their attitude quickly! I worked too many years in retail to take any abuse from a sales rep. They can really affect a company or business with the right or wrong attitude.. I do it in a low and calm voice, but I get their attention.

10. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! I didn't work retail very much but as a nurse I received a lot of abuse from family and a dr or two. So I don't mind making people keep to the standards that I met. I am never ugly but as ya'll know I have a different sense of humor and I can be very snarky with people just ask my Ex he brings out the snarky in me every time.

12. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bailey36 colors sound like my choices, cant wait to see finished product. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    I have done business with Annies Attic for years. I have no complaints what so ever with her company. Whenever I have a rude or unprofessional person ANYWHERE but especially on the phone I ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager. This usually gets the rude persons attention and they change their attitude quickly! I worked too many years in retail to take any abuse from a sales rep. They can really affect a company or business with the right or wrong attitude.. I do it in a low and calm voice, but I get their attention.
    This is what happened, I found some lovely yarns I wanted so I ordered them, but 5 minutes later I decided I wanted different colors so I called to get the order changed, I talked to someone in customer Service, she was less-than-helpful, telling me they could do nothing for me until the next day so I called at 9am their time and they said oh sorry [he didn't sound at all sorry] it was already shipped. I actually got items I ordered from others just as far or farther away that I ordered AFTER I ordered from them days before this order arrived. Now they Could have put a flag on my order and kept it from going on until I got it changed, but instead they expedited the "shipping". I think they just wanted to make sure they got that measly $22.00. I wrote to them explaining my situation, but I've received NO answer. I'm so miffed!
    Bailey