Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Crocheting

I don't come here much,because I get so!!! angry at myselfor fusarated when I can't get a stitch right until I put it down and when I look months have passed by before I try again. Right now I'm working on a project that cause for double link crochet made in a circle. It is a vest that I would love to make,but to start that thing is nuts to me.
    It cause for chain four that's the beginning link then you have to make 11 more link dc's in ring.. I need to be started off the rest I can get.
    Thank you and Happy New to everyone. Tlaine

Post Thanks / Like
    Tlaine, I understand getting frustrated at your crochet piece not working out and the patterns being confusing!! I am going to say to you what a very wise lady said to me when I came in here looking for help:: Please, don't let yourself get discouraged ( Barbara G. said this to me) There is OODLES of help available, people with so much generous patience who would love to help out, guide you, encourage you!
    Please, be patient, someone will come along who can help you!!

Can you post your pattern so we can get a good look at it? I know that we can be much more helpful seeing the pattern.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom, mb1031 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you having trouble making the stitches themselves? I know it's a bit difficult to make stitches inside of the circle, kind of awkward handling for me anyway.

Found a couple videos showing how to do the stitch in case that is what is catching you up:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we are here to help you in any way we can. Some of us are more experienced and less experienced, but usually someone will be able to help in most cases. Let us know...thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, come on in and chat w/ us when a stitch gets wrong...we love to help...hugs and happy crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again I believe I shouldn't give up so fast. Once again thanks

8. Likes GrammaJoe, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't give up. It is so enjoyable after you get the hang of it. One thing I like about knitting and crochet is you can never learn it all. At least I don't. If we can't help you here try to Google what you want to learn In this case Linked Double Crochet. Maybe you will get your answer. Hang in there. Lawana

10. Likes tlaine, jennlee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was sent a video on it and I also found one on utube,so I'm trying. It's not the stitch as much as I couldn't make out how to make the circle with it,but guess what I kept on until I got it. Thanks for the encouragement.

12. Likes GrammaJoe, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad you didn't give up. when we finish what we are making it makes us smile and then when someone else sees it and they smile, that makes it all worth it. move that hook making smiles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Conquering the disequilibrium caused by the frustration in the task is a great feeling. I've found crochet to be the place for this many times. Me and disequilibrium are tight friends. Hugs, Annette