Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: plarn

Post Thanks / Like

plarn

Has anyone crocheted with plarn? I found a few patterns I like and had my family save all their plastic grocery bags......now I am ready to start my new project(s) if the first tote bag turns out I will make more to sell

Tigg

Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet but it has interested me recently! Post pictures when you get done!

3. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have made some rugs and a couple shopping bags, from plarn, works up just like yarn.
    Last edited by Trenarah; 01-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    the only problem I seem to have is when I am cmbinding the plarn together, trying to keep it straight...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hesitating to mention cause the premade plarn I saw was $3.00 a cake (plus shipping). From Keep on Givin. There is a free pattern by Heidi Yates on Ravelry for a Windsock in 3 colours. Heidi gets her plarn from there apparently.

Post Thanks / Like
    my whole purpose of trying to crochet with plarn is using recycle grocery bags.....but thank you for the tip ....

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a "how to" to get the plarn ready and a pattern and the bags but I'm waiting to get a few projects finished before I get it started. Too many projects going at once gets me overwhelmed. But I'm going to do it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already "recycle" plastic garbage bags. As I live in an apartment, and have dogs, the bags go with me whenever I walk any of my furkids so I can pick up any "presents" they leave along the way. I have even been knon to grab bagfuls of them from Walmart's recycle bin! I just refuse to buy the bags when I dont have to. Besides, the ones made specifically for the purpose are too small to use for my shepherd, she's 96 pounds and leaves presents that are proportionally large!

12. Likes BarbySue, mb1031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made one small basket that I keep odds and ends in next to my recliner, things like measuring tape and supplies. I liked it a lot but found it pulled my thumb to much, too much arthritis in there. It was painful, but I love the idea of it and tote bags would be a wonderful thing to make out of it.

Hope for pics from you when you are finished.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the big crochet hook for it-and that's as far as I've gotten!! I know this defeats the idea of using up plastic bags-but I guess you can find plastic garbage bags in different colors if you need a certain color!! I have seen yellow and blue in dollar stores!!