Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

How to use double ended swivel crochet hook. For long tunisian pattern? Peggy

Am looking for directions and patterns for double ended, swivel crochet hook.
    It looks like knitting in the round needles, only there are two crochet hooks joined
    by thin tubing. My guess is that it's for larger patterns using the tunisian stitch, but I'm not sure. Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are....that is what I am missing from my collection....let me know how it goes......happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a double ended crochet hook, but mine did not Does this help you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just learning and ready to pick up my Tunisian hook like that. That hook probably be used, like you said on a larger pattern, afghan, shawls etc. If you like, I just started a group in the groups section called "stitches to excite". I just started it out with the Tunisian stitch and have some links to learn on. I myself will be starting a shawl in the next couple of days using the Tunisian stitch. You also can find some patterns using that stitch on Ravely. Just type in Tunisian in the pattern search and see what they have there that you may like. (I clicked the free patterns ). Its a fun and easy stitch to work with. Enjoy and have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I AM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED TO HAVE REPLIES PERTAINING TO DOUBLE ENDED CROCHETING. MANY THANKS TO rosieh20, Anaisa and Barbara. THIS CITE IS AMAZING, AND I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE. peggkel

6. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    THIS IS ESPECIALLY FOR BARBARA. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU POSTED YOUR VIDEO, BUT IT WAS LIKE HAVING MY OWN PRIVATE INSTRUCTOR! THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TROUBLE TO POST THIS TUTORIAL. YES, IT DEFINITELY HELPED ME. peggkel

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't see Barbara video until today! I use Windows 8 and for some reason most videos don't show up so I have to go to my desktop to watch them. Is that what you mean peggkel? Cro-hook? That is another stitch I want to learn! Maybe I will do that next!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosie, to answer your question - cro-hook, tunisian and afghan stitch are all the same thing i have learned. It takes a while to get used to longer hooks, but i took advise to hold it like you are cutting with a knife. I use a very short hook which is easier to maneuver, and my mom taught me to hold it like holding a spoon. Good luck pursuing this. I am loving it, even though i am not very fast yet. Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I believe that Tunisian and afghan stitch is used with only one hook.. A long hook usually with a stopper at the end or with a long wire extended behind it for extra wide stitches. You go forward and put all stitches on the hook, then you remove them off that hook on the "reverse stitch". Now I do know that the cro-kook is a double hooked hook and haven't studied it too much except that it is a "heavy stitch using two balls of yarn".
    I just looked it up. Now that you mentioned it I do remember that they are similar in different ways. Here is what was explained. The standard Tunisian is what I am learning now. Just did't remember that it was called a double-ended Tunisian stitch.

For regular Tunisian, you work with one hook and you don't turn your work. For double-ended Tunisian (cro-hook, cro-knit, crochet on the double), you turn your work and you use to separate balls of yarn, one for each hook.
    What is the difference between Tunisian and cro-hook? - CrochetKim.com

11. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway, Yes, long hook is a really large pain in the tush to use! I have been chaining with my regular hook, up one size then switch needles. Walmart just let me know that my order for the 40" circular needle is in so will be going to that! My shawl is going to be about 40 inches at the minimum, so I decided the 20" hook I bought wasn't going to work so swell! Have a good one!