Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  48
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Photo filet and cbn (tigg) and others I need your help please

I am working on a way to figure out filet crochet or cbn pattern so I can help tigg or anyone else here that might like to do a photo afghan. I worked this up in paint shop pro and was wondering if this could use like a cbn or filet crochet pattern? I could help anyone that has a picture and gives me maybe some dimentions if need be..I can use overlay imaging to create a pattern.

This is a color photo of my Nephew and his wife, it is color but I can do black and white..I probably even can recolor to a certain said shade..but let me know kk..WHAT do you all think?

OH and the reason I am asking this is I have no idea when it comes to filet crochet as I have never done it. I would love to help anyone here create some beautiful works of art though..I can also print out patterns..like this ..so anyone could print the out once they are up and ready to go..and it also could be a pattern for anythng..

also in black and white

Last edited by me2la; 01-21-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added photo

Post Thanks / Like
    way over my head but I love your wanting to help others out!! Rock [B][I][U]ON[/U][/I][/B], sister!!!

3. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just noticed that my left side of graph is a little off..but I can fix that also ..I can create one that is balanced on all sides..not half bars..kk

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Landon Sweetie..I am really loving this..I wouldn't mind learning filet also..I would love to make some gifts for my family ..I can just imagine what Christmas would be like if I could do a afghan of all the grand babies in my family for the grand parents..lol or even kids..or pets or what ever..I know my family would be flipped out..and love it...I would feel like mrs. claus herself..lol

7. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww, that is precious!! We'll want pics ya know!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK....it looks great;

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this can be done in single crochet. Now I've got the urge to try a portrate one too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you missro007. Looks like a single crochet project with color changes. I think it's the color changes that present the problem or maybe not. I guess you would set your colors according to the grid and roll with it, I mean single crochet with it. Me2la is igniting a spark... I have that urge too!

12. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It wasn't me..it was Tigg wanting to know about cbn crochet that gave me the idea. I have seen the filet patterns out there..I just put the image over the mesh..with my graphics program I can create the mesh part then take ANY picture and lay it on top..I use a technique called overlay..which is basically lighting one image or the other..and then sharpening for clarity..but if ANYONE here wants to try to do this..I AM more than willing to give a shot at making a pattern for you ..just pm me and let me know ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like what you did. I know that it can be made in color. It is just a lot of work and time consuming. I have a friend who also graphs and crochets afghans from the graphs. We designed an afghan for our church's 50th Anniversary done in Black, purple, and gold. Once again, it was a time consuming project.
    Keep up the good work. I just don't have the patience for doing the crochet with multi-colors.

Kay

15. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post