Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like

March Crochet-a-Long

I know this is way early, but if no one has any objections I would like to facilatate the March Crochet-a-Long. The pattern I will be using can be found at lionbrand.com just search the patterns for the entrelac crochet afghan. It is a great way to become comfortable with the basic or simple tunisian stitch and you will be creating a beautiful and unusual afghan. Unlike most tunisian stitch projects, it does not require a special hook, it can be done with a regular hook. The pattern shows 8 colors, but of course you can tailor colors to your own taste. I have just started mine, using 4 colors of Red Heart Super Saver - delft blue, cornmeal, claret, and cafe latte. It is very simple once the first row of blocks is done, and if anyone needs extra help getting started I believe there is a video on Youtube. I will find the link and post it as we get closer to March. I will also post any tips or tricks I find as I work on my sample. I love learning new stitches and techniques, in fact I just purchased a pattern book from e-patternscentral that is a variety of stitches, many of which I have never seen. The nice part about it is, well actually 2 nice things about it is 1) it was on sale! and 2) there is a project given for each stitch. I cant wait until I can really get into it, just purchased it last night and only took time to skim through, but if March goes well, maybe I can share another project come June/July or sometime. Hope you all plan to join me in March!

Post Thanks / Like
    So you just use a regular crochet hook? What size? Oh, and is this 'beginner' friendly? I think I might try it. I am so into doing blankets... I am thinking the multicolor ones are my thing!
    ~Tammy~

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It uses an 'N' hook, when I first started it I thought the hook was too large, but after doing some, a smaller hook would have made it very stiff and thick. I love it, have almost four 'rows' done and love the way its coming together. Its definitely a beginner project, and great for learning the tunisian (or afghan) stitch

Post Thanks / Like
    cool... note to self: need to buy an N Size Needle
    ~Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been wanting to learn the tunisian stitch and this sounds like it will be fun, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just downloaded the pattern. It looks great; but, I must admit, at first reading I am at a loss...guess I will need a video and any other help available.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy a challange, looks great! And it will definately keep me busy at night....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billieconrad View Post
    I just downloaded the pattern. It looks great; but, I must admit, at first reading I am at a loss...guess I will need a video and any other help available.

Here is one of the youtube video's on it..kk

9. Likes billieconrad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so hoping I can join in on this one.. I know the stitch but have never done a afgan in it..I love the idea of the colors and how the blocks are rotated. I really need a throw for my old cold bones at night while sitting and stitching! I love the pattern that was on line also..I downloaded it. I will try to see what I can do by then to get my supplies up and ready..(I do have a new HOOK..woo hoo ..go me..lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, I need all the help I can get. I will study it.