Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern problem.

I copied a hat pattern from here Bloom Hat Tutorial |Jessie At Home! Looked interesting so thot I'd try it. I'm having trouble with row 4. I have the 35 sts in row 3 but I can only come up with 44 sts on row 4. If you count them in the printed pattern thats what you get too but it says 50.Is the pattern wrong & would it make the next row wrong too. I'm not sure I can do this hat but thot I'd see what happened. HELP!It's 9:45 PM here so will wait for help & get it tomorrow I hope. thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I counted it should be 50.I tink what you may be doing is, from* to * is 5 sts. You do that 1 time then REPEAT 8 more timesIf you count the 1st time you do it 5 sts-then 8 MORE times= a total of 9 times it's done. Thats 45 sts and then the other HD's in the pattern I come up with 50. Is that clear as mud.LOL Hard to write it down. Lawana.
    Maybe some one will explain it better than I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, I am not good with hat patterns. Be patient...bumping thread up and many people will be on for the weekend, too. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    The way I counted it should be 50.I tink what you may be doing is, from* to * is 5 sts. You do that 1 time then REPEAT 8 more timesIf you count the 1st time you do it 5 sts-then 8 MORE times= a total of 9 times it's done. Thats 45 sts and then the other HD's in the pattern I come up with 50. Is that clear as mud.LOL Hard to write it down. Lawana.
    Maybe some one will explain it better than I can.
    I love that pattern. Will print it later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Magnolia blossom. I was counting it wrong. Will try it as soon as I get dressedIt's 10:10 AM here.Need to get a few little things done today so will eventually get to the pattern. Paid my bills yesterday & ran to the store & library So I'm set for doing as little as possible today as I have to babysit my grandson tomorrow evening, at his house in Homer,Ill. About 15 min from my house. Will stay the night & come home on Sun.The cats will have to sleep alone .Ha!ha!.

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom, dayco463 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ladybug I went to the pattern and worked it also and on row 4 I came up with 45 stitches. I even double checked it. I think it may be a misprint on the instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, I need to work the pattern to try to help you and can't do it now. Let me know when you get it figured out.Sorry if I misinformed you. Lawana
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 01-18-2013 at 05:28 PM.