Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody watching Oprah interview Lance Armstrong tonight?

It is on at 8 PM, I will prolly be sound asleep by then but I am going to try to stay awake.
    I am not expecting any tears or heartfelt apologies, I am just curious how this narcissist is going to defend himself and who he is going to blame.

How about you guys? Anybody gonna watch it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno if I will watch but I am very, very disappointed in his actions....I read somewhere, 'can you imagine what the second place person who didn't dope is feeling right about now?' UPSET! And to take all the endorsements, even though he started a nice charity, it doesn't excuse the behavour. And something else, so after x amount of years a person can't be charged w/ perjury and he comes clean? Hmmmm...I was hoping it wasn't true and that they were all just after him cuz he was genuine....oh wells...wait...there was a question to be ans? What was it? What was it? Oh right...nope I'm not making plans to watch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    I dunno if I will watch but I am very, very disappointed in his actions....I read somewhere, 'can you imagine what the second place person who didn't dope is feeling right about now?' UPSET! And to take all the endorsements, even though he started a nice charity, it doesn't excuse the behavour. And something else, so after x amount of years a person can't be charged w/ perjury and he comes clean? Hmmmm...I was hoping it wasn't true and that they were all just after him cuz he was genuine....oh wells...wait...there was a question to be ans? What was it? What was it? Oh right...nope I'm not making plans to watch it.
    I don't plan to watch. I've been following this story on another forum I go to. According to what everyone is saying, there is NO ONE to give Armstrongs medals and titles to. It seems that almost everyone in cycling is guilty of doing the same things Armstrong did. A person who had lived in Italy for years said it is common knowledge that all these super athletes use drugs.

It is rampant in all kinds of other sports, so I guess cycling is not immune.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So not interested-never liked him anyway. One thing I can't stand is a liar. It's time for him to just go away. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched it for about an hour and I did not see ONE single sign of remorse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Armstrong is just one more in an ever growing line of liars and cheats who make millions deceiving people. The fact that "everyone is doing it" is no excuse. But it sure is reason for all professional sports to be investigated and doping stopped. But as long as there's a buck to be made few are willing to take a stand. And, as with the Armstrong case, the whistleblowers are made to look like liars and the blowback and be devasting.

Lying and cheating have become national pastimes and we need to ask ourselves WHY?

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did'nt watch. Only saw news clips. BUT... I hope someone would explain his tale to children. It is not right just cuz' "everyone does it". Even Tebo I can't stand his show offness. I know you are suppose to let you light shine but.... Any way. I got my tag up Im sooooo happy.
    Good stiches
    Billie