Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help with a pattern

I found a pattern by Stitch Nation on the Red Heart site for a charleston cloche hat. I have never had a pattern that refers to a crocheted stitch as a LEG. Has anyone seen this pattern and can youhelp me out with this. I don't know how to put a photo on here. I am 83 and I have never seen this before. any help out there for me? thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    It would really help me find what you are referring to faster if you could put a link. I went to Red Heart site, and haven't found the hat yet. Annalia

Post Thanks / Like
    Explaining Cluster Stitches in Charleston Cloche | Red Heart.
    If you watch this video it mentions the leg. It makes it much clearer what they are talking about.
    Annalia

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to :Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller 100% Natural 100% Affordable Yarn and the purple cloche is pictured on the site( I searched to find it) and you just click on the hat and the pattern will come up. Hope you can help me. and thank you so much for even responding

Post Thanks / Like

charlston cloche

the site : Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller 100% Natural 100% Affordable Yarn I don't know why it didn't show up in the first reply..........
    Last edited by strawhat29; 01-17-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: wanted the site url to show in reply

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried 3 times to put in the stitchnationyarn site and it didn't work. guess I don't know how to operate this site. if you put www.and stitchanationyarnand then.com hopefully it will work. Ihope this does too

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the above.... I did watch it, but will have to more that once........again thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I printed this exact pattern from Favecrafts.com and it is called Blooming Purple Beanie.I also watched the video that Annalia suggested. What I gather as a LEG is the first ' up and down' stitch of the cluster. It can't accurately be called a dc or triple stitch 'cause it really isn't. So therefore it is called a LEG. Anyway this is my opinion. I'm not prepared to start mine yet, too many WIP's at the moment. Will watch the video again when I get around to making it. Glad I looked at your post. I learned from it. Thank You, Lawana

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Magnolia has it right. If you look at the special stitch instructions, it has (first leg) then tells you what to do. It is a pretty pattern. Maybe if you just practice the stitches before you attempt the pattern it will help you work it out in your mind. Good luck, please post your picture or how you made out when you're done.
    Crochet with,
    Joy

Joys Crochet Boutique

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a really interesting pattern. I don't even know that I'm far enough along to attempt it. Sure might be fun to try though. Annalia