Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of yarn for summer?

Hi Everyone,

I would like to make headbands for summer, but I don't know what kind of yarn to use. I certainly don't want to use the heavy types of yarns. I thought a cotton yarn like Sugar and Cream would work, but it doesn't look good. The headband looks like you could use it as a dishcloth. I don't want to use the type of yarn you use for dollies. I'm looking for something with a sheen, I don't know if there is such a yarn that I'm looking for. I want the headband to look lacy with a substantial size that would hold its shape.

I really would appreciate your help, as I want to sell them as I have done this winter. I hope this message makes some sense. Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, I agree the cotton one wouldn't be a good idea, too bulky....there is a bamboo crochet thread and there is a craft thread now conveniently in a ball...the bamboo is a bit softer and might take a bit getting used to in the beginning. Happy Crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pretty yarn that comes in great colors and is in a sport weight. It looks to me that it might make great headbands:

Shine Sport Yarn Knitting Yarn from KnitPicks.com - Cotton & Modal® sport weight knitting yarn
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Caron Simply Soft yarns and they are great for summer projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Anaisa, this looks like what I was looking for and I love all the colors it comes in. I'm going to order some and see what it's like. Thanks again, I knew I would find someone to help me...........Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi buggainok, this really looks great! Thanks for letting me know about this yarn. I love that it comes in so many colors. Can't thank you enough!
    Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Anaisa, I sent you the wrong message, I have tried the bamboo and I like it a lot, but it's just too soft. I need something that will hold it's shape. Thank again for your help. Diana

8. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is soft, but believe it or not it does hold together once the project gets larger...I have made some flowers w/ it for necklaces and they came out pretty good if I do say so myself....glad buggainok was able to help and others....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try it, I have some bamboo, the only thing is I can only find a tan color. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
    Have a good day........Di