Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Meerkat..I found something for you

Hi hon..I was browsing around for some toys for my darling daughter ..(well her baby) anyway..I found this from another site..it is so cute ..I just had to show you it is also a free pattern..

Meerkat..I found something for you

roman sock: The meerkats have landed

You probably already seen it..but just in case

2. Likes missro007, rosieh20 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How darling! A sock meerkat! My mom used to have sock monkeys that were so darling!

Post Thanks / Like
    They are cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    These look so cute...almost real! I don't quite understand some of the instructions. !st of all is it crocheted? And single mean single crochet...cast off sounds like knitting to me....but maybe means cut yarn and change color? Using a turning...does that mean chain one (ch 1)?

(I don't know how to delete this message! I didn't know it had posted so I posted another one so disregard this one and look at the one I meant to post.) Geeeee! I think I am going nuts!!!!
    Last edited by redhead; 01-17-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!! I printed the pattern and took a look at it. I don't know if I understand everything. It looks pretty hard to me. I don't know if I have enough patience to try that or not. Does "cast off" mean cut the yarn and change to the next color? At first I thought it was crocheted and then I thought it was knitted, but I guess it's crocheted, right? Then single means: (sc) single crochet? And "a turning" means :chain 1 ? I don't think I am ready to tackle this yet! I might need some help on it. I think it's really cute but I need to finish some of the projects I am working on first! I will put the pattern in my pattern notebook. You are one talented lady! hugs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Wow!!! I printed the pattern and took a look at it. I don't know if I understand everything. It looks pretty hard to me. I don't know if I have enough patience to try that or not. Does "cast off" mean cut the yarn and change to the next color? At first I thought it was crocheted and then I thought it was knitted, but I guess it's crocheted, right? Then single means: (sc) single crochet? And "a turning" means :chain 1 ? I don't think I am ready to tackle this yet! I might need some help on it. I think it's really cute but I need to finish some of the projects I am working on first! I will put the pattern in my pattern notebook. You are one talented lady! hugs!
    As far as I can tell..cast off is YES slip stitch to end..and then change colors. It is confusing ..I did not look at this before I posted it. I found this on a web site and decided to share it.
    I do also believe that "turning" is also chaining one and turning and starting a new row..not quite sure on that. I am not understanding the BAMBOO..is that yarn color? I also have to learn a magic circle..I have seen it done but never did it before.

I think they are cute little critters..I may try making one some day ..(I too have to much going on right now to start this one..lol) I just thought "Meerkat" would love this pattern ..since she loves meerkats.