Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Thread: Garden Talk

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Talk

Hello Gardeners,

A few days ago, some of us were talking about gardening. Let's do our Garden Talk here! Any and all things about the Garden!

*Winter Gardening *Spring Gardening *Summer Gardening *Fall Gardening

What do you grow? Tips for growing?
    Storing seeds? Do you keep a garden journal?
    Container gardening? Planting in soil?
    How do you use your harvest?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH! I started a veggie garden before....green peppers. They came to greater fruition after taken out of the started box....I also had a couple of plants; the only one the survived was my June Lily....but it's hard to do living in an RV....I look forward to trying again soon.

4. Likes Butterflyrose, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, I think lillies are pretty flowers. What color blossoms are found on the June lily? Summer 2011,I bought some yellow irises and they were beautiful this past summer . Hubby and I picked them up at a little country roadside garden shoppe as we were returning home from a road trip. I also bought some wandering jews that are beautiful in their season! I've transplanted some, making them a potted plant. My peppers from seeds didn't grow so I will also try again. It is exciting for me to try until success is reached in growing my garden! I hope you are successful with your garden too!

6. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As are you...what I truly love about veggie gardens is that one can share w/ neighbours...it's so cool that a couple of seeds leads to a pot of soup! LOL; then w/ all the extras you can give to those who want/need/appreciate from the garden. My June lily is a orangey red...it only blooms one week in June...funny story, I got it from home and traveled with it, that it didn't bloom until August...lol

8. Likes Butterflyrose, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yawl know how much we love pictures!!! I would love to see some garden pictures!!

10. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been living in an apartment, so not doing too much lately. But I can't wait to move. I don't know that we can have a garden, but I will do some things in big pots if I have too. I also want to learn to grow some herbs as well! As soon as I move (when not sure yet) and I get some things done...I will take some photos and post them!

12. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would make a bouquet of roses from my garden and take them to work before retiring. Then, I would give a single stem of roses to my friends. They were delighted and thrilled by this gift of a fragrant rose! I enjoyed making salads using the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from my garden and sharing with my family. I really enjoyed using my homegrown okra in gumbo and cooking fried okra. You are so right about the many uses that our gardens supply.

14. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2 Christmas cacti 2 years ago after Christmas. They were withered and dying. They are quite alive 2 years later! I do need to know what I can do to get them to bloom! Any ideas???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I love the idea of garden talk on here! This is my first home where I can garen so I am new to gardening! I'm aiming at an organic garden! Started my compost area several weeks ago with the help of a couple of organic gardening books.... I am so excited to be doing this for the first time! I got my seeds already; tomatos, onions, peppers, cucumbers, and herbs ( dill, rosemary, and thyme) the herbs I'm going to grow indoor year round! My name is carolynn and I'm from the chicago area! What are you growing this year!? Nice to meet you ! Carolynn

17. Likes Anaisa, Butterflyrose, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your home and being able to garden there. An organic garden is outstanding. I grew my veggie garden using a natural solution of dishwashing liquid, veggie oil and water to prevent pests. I'll be researching more as I like natural ways better. I grew basil on my patio. This year I plan to grow cantaloupes(grew some beauties in 2011)tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, onions, salad greens(grew profusely in 2011, sparsely in 2012), watermelons(pests got to them in 2011 and 2012).
    I need to amend my soil for more productivity. Nice meeting you too! ~Beverly~